What's new

To Live and Die in L.A. status? (1 Viewer)

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Anyone out there know when or if we will get To Live and Die in L.A.? The car chase alone would be worth the price of the DVD.

Yes indeed . . . it's about time we heard something about this one, especially considering that earlier this year, William Friedkin himself said that it was done and ready to go.

tomwarnock

Auditioning
Man - I had these same thoughts the other night. I had fallen asleep with the TV on and I heard ......the song...."to live and die in LA" and I immediately thought about Mr. Friedkin saying that we would all love the upcoming DVD of To Live And Die in LA. Can anyone follow up on this - I thought maybe with the resurgence of William Peterson through his work on CSI this would be a no-brainer!!!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It will probably be a 2004 release now, I think. :frowning:

Or maybe December. How far ahead has MGM given press releases for their 2003 releases?

This one has been long awaited.

Gordy

I believe that MGM's releases have only been announced through September, so it's still a very possible 2003 release (whoops, guess I just jinxed it with that statement). I don't think that it fits any of MGM's "title waves," so it's anyone's guess what marketing reasons will determine when it gets its release.

With every word that MGM doesn't say, I feel my freedom slip away . . .

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I can't wait to throw my horrid pan and scan LaserDisc in the rubbish. MGM please release this flick ASAP!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If this release is controlled by MGM what makes
you think they'll release a widescreen version?

Remember what happened to Remo.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Remo Williams has been at the top of
every collector's wishlist for the past 5 years
It is not at the top of any list of mine. I could care less! BUT "To Live and Die in L.A." is a top of the list title for me. If M-G-M in their infinate corporate wisdom decide to release this FS then, of course, I'll keep my LD. Obviously someone needs to whip these corporate "persons" in to shape.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Remo Williams has been at the top of every collector's wishlist for the past 5 years
Not mine. It's hardly Raiders Of The Lost Ark. That film is nowhere near as popular as people here make out. But I agree wholeheartedly that the DVD's 1.33:1 presentation is mind-boggling - someone at MGM was definately hung-over that day. :frowning:

As for To Live And Die In L.A. it too is a highly-requested title (although still not Raiders!) and a film I appreciate much more than Remo and it is a film fully deserving of a high-quality Special Edition DVD. I look forward to its release. :)

Gordy

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Friedkin was in Melbourne some months ago for the Oz premiere of a new restored print of SORCERER (it's the normal full-length cut - we've always seen it trimmed down here and the director wanted to celebrate the new release with a quick visit) and mentioned that the next two films of his to hit DVD in Special Edition form would be TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A and SORCERER. He's spent time supervising new transfers, doing commentaries and obtaining supplements for both. No mention was made of when they'd come out, though.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm doing a little dance when I finally have "To Live and Die in L.A." in my hands in WIDESCREEN! (Please! ) Would love a WS "Sorcerer" as well!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks