To Forum Owners: Forum feature suggestion/request

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Barnhart, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I read HTF only on weekdays since I only have high-speed access to the Internet from work (only at lunch, I swear! [​IMG])
    Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to have a "Default Topic View" of "Weekday-Only-Mode" where if you visit on a Monday, your default topic view is the last 3 days, otherwise, it is the last 1 day.
    Alternatively, is it possible to make the "Show Topics From ..." dropdown on the main forum pages sticky so that if on a Monday, I change it to "Last 5 days" it will stay that way for the duration of the session?
    It is kind of a pain to have to change it on Mondays only, for every different forum I read. It seems to me from the number of posts that occur M-F versus Sat/Sun that there are a LOT of HTF members that access HTF only on weekdays, so a great many people might find this useful.
    Just a suggestion.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    ------------------
    Scott Barnhart
    scottb@intava.com

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Scott:
    Sorrry the code for those is hardcoded and I don't know how to change that. You can go into the Preferences and change your default Topic View to 5 days so that when you get on the forum that is what automatically comes up.
    Parker

3. Scott Barnhart

Thanks Parker - I figured it wouldn't be (easily) do-able, but it never hurts to ask!
    ------------------
    Scott Barnhart
    scottb@intava.com

4. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    You could do what I do, since I'm primarily a weekday reader as well. I just set to 5 days in my preferences and leave it there. The extra days (if any) will just span out onto multiple pages. You don't have to click on to the third page if you don't want to.
    ------------------

5. Scott Barnhart

Well, now that the HTF is on vBulletin, I see that the setting for how many days back to display *is* sticky for the session! Excellent! I guess it really is true that all things come to them that wait.

Thanks for all the great work on the Forum, owners and mods!