What's new

To DV-47Ai or not to DV-47Ai? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Mark- FWIW:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ht=yamaha+bass

In addition, S&V did a review not too long ago. Their measurements showed higher than usual noise levels for all formats except SACD.

Video, it's a great player. But audio is where it could be better. Pioneer's are great for audio (except for the original 47a), but they have the chroma bug.

Maybe the Denon will be closer...

It is just my opinion, but it was definitely a factor when I decided not to wait for Denon player. I was trying to upgrade my receiver about a year ago (this is how it started). I had Yamaha RXV 620. I auditioned a lot of stuff including high end receivers from Yamaha and Denon. I had to admit that I found Denon sound boring. I really tried to buy Denon AVR 4802 and it did not do for me. Actually I thought that Yamaha receivers sounded better than Denon. It is just my opinion. Eventually I ended up with Rotel processor and amplifiers and I am really happy about that. Yamaha S-2300 sounds exactly like I expected and I love it. I also tried Pink Floyd SACD yesterday and it was really something. I think S-2300 is really great piece of equipment

Krzysztof

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Kevin- not at all. These companies have been building dvd players for quite awhile now. And they should have figured out how to fix all the bugs and problems that have plagued their other players. And at a $1000 price tag, I would expect the "perfect" player. Thats why I am waiting to see if this "perfect" player is worth it or not. This will be the last dvd player purchase

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Sorry, I hit enter on accident. Anyway, this will be the last dvd player purcgase that I will make until hd-dvd. So I want a very good one to hold me over till then. Which I am thinking 2-3 years from now.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the same thing: "perfect" video (no chroma bug at least), and "perfect" audio (BM for all formats at least).

Tony Casler

Agent
I am a 47Ai owner, and I am very happy with it. DVD-A and SACD sound incredible, and my system uses full range speakers all around, so bass management isn't an issue. Video performance is outstanding, a huge leap ahead of my old DV-353-k, and I have seen no evidence of the chroma bug.
I would recommend it without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks