What's new

To Catch a Thief Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to excuse this very ignorant post.
I've seen To Catch A Thief many times and on every disc version that's been released. And I finally got a disc of a film I've only seen twice at the most on TV in the 1980's. It's called The Mountain with Spenser Tracy and Robert Wagner. I watched the blu ray last night. While not up to the effort for Thief, it looked really good!
Now is the ignorant part. I guess I've never owned a VistaVision film on disc before because the opening music was for the VistaVision logo! I always thought it was part of the score for To Catch A Thief! The music fit so well there! :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Tubal said:
Just received my copy and immediately attempted to carefully remove the Paramount 100th Anniversary competition sticker from the cardboard slipcase. The glue they used did a great job of ruining the slip case by ripping off some of the image. Thanks Paramount. One of the reasons people still love physical copies of films over downloads is the packaging. When are these companies going to learn not to ruin a nice bit of packaging by putting promotional nonsense on the front?
:(
Do yourself a favor and get a product called un-du. It removes stickers like magic without damaging the underlying surface at all. I've found many uses for the stuff. You can even re-stick the stickers it removes if you'd ever want to do that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
GlennH said:
Do yourself a favor and get a product called un-du. It removes stickers like magic without damaging the underlying surface at all. I've found many uses for the stuff. You can even re-stick the stickers it removes if you'd ever want to do that.
I don't know about his specific problem but on my copy of To Catch A Thief, the sticker didn't leave a residue on the paper slip case, it actually tore a small piece of the 'shiny' surface off of the case. I didn't really mind because it was barely a dot but I assume it could be fairly large depending on how you take the sticker off.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
TravisR said:
I don't know about his specific problem but on my copy of To Catch A Thief, the sticker didn't leave a residue on the paper slip case, it actually tore a small piece of the 'shiny' surface off of the case. I didn't really mind because it was barely a dot but I assume it could be fairly large depending on how you take the sticker off.
I assume that the tear was caused by the sticker when you tried to remove it. The product I mentioned saturates the sticker so that it can be more easily removed from the surface, hopefully without tearing. If the tear is already there before you try to remove that's a different matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks