To Catch a Thief Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Nelson Au, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

You'll have to excuse this very ignorant post.
    I've seen To Catch A Thief many times and on every disc version that's been released. And I finally got a disc of a film I've only seen twice at the most on TV in the 1980's. It's called The Mountain with Spenser Tracy and Robert Wagner. I watched the blu ray last night. While not up to the effort for Thief, it looked really good!
    Now is the ignorant part. I guess I've never owned a VistaVision film on disc before because the opening music was for the VistaVision logo! I always thought it was part of the score for To Catch A Thief! The music fit so well there! :)

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Do yourself a favor and get a product called un-du. It removes stickers like magic without damaging the underlying surface at all. I've found many uses for the stuff. You can even re-stick the stickers it removes if you'd ever want to do that.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't know about his specific problem but on my copy of To Catch A Thief, the sticker didn't leave a residue on the paper slip case, it actually tore a small piece of the 'shiny' surface off of the case. I didn't really mind because it was barely a dot but I assume it could be fairly large depending on how you take the sticker off.

4. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I assume that the tear was caused by the sticker when you tried to remove it. The product I mentioned saturates the sticker so that it can be more easily removed from the surface, hopefully without tearing. If the tear is already there before you try to remove that's a different matter.