What's new

To all those long term couples... (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
When you know that your other is becoming stressed and quite tired from weekly activities, what do you do to lift thier spirits and mood? I really want to do something nice for her however, I am a college student who makes only about 60 bucks per week and 40 of that is spent getting to and from school, and parking. I was wondering if any of you folks, men or women out there in cyberspace have tried and true methods for making life a little easier on your other. The more ideas the merrier. Thanks everybody!!
------------------
My DVD Collection

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
If you are willing to take advice froma single guy...
Give her a scented bath and a massage... candle lights if you wish, perhaps cook dinner... try not to argue during that day/weekend, do everything she wants. Its her weenk end.
--
Holadem

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
With due credit given to Holadem for a couple of ideas....
First off, go and rent a couple of her favorite movies. Either order out or cook her favorite dinner while she takes a nice relaxing bath, then pull out a blanket and a pillow and let her lay down on the couch with you why you watch the movies.
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm single, but I've never been shy about offering advice
crazy.gif

I don't know how you divide up household jobs, but maybe you should consider doing a little more housework. Don't make it a one-shot, Saturday morning "Look honey! I cleaned the toilet! Aren't I wonderful!" type of thing. If she is becoming too stressed and tired from weekly activities, then a consistent amount of help might be just what's needed.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Holadem, Ive done this for a few and they were floored and "very nice to me" for weeks after.
I was at their place when they got home and had really good take out(usually Italian) in the oven to stay warm. Kept their glass filled with wine.Had flowers laid out and fedals on the floor(which you have to pick up later) They were suprised to see me there, I took of their clothes ran a hot bath for them, bath them, dry them off, brush their hair, dry it. Massage by candlelight on the couch while the food heats up.Feed them dinner. Take them in the bedroom eat desert off of them and slam dunk her one.
Ive never had anyone tell me it was "too much" or "overboard" or whatever, women love to be spoiled. She'll be telling everyone how thoughtful and romantc you are for days and days.
Works like a charm.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 07:57 AM]

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Julie on this one - more housework from the male nearly always works wonders (and it doesn't cost anything!).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Yeah, my wife says I look sexy doing the dishes.
rolleyes.gif
Whatever!
...Feed them dinner. Take them in the bedroom eat desert off of them and slam dunk her one.
Depending on the woman...that last part might be going a bit far. Even if you're married to her. The problem is that instead of seeing it as being pampered and spoiled, they might see it as being seduced. If pampering always leads to sex then they won't enjoy the pampering so much if they aren't in the mood for sex. Surprise her and don't "slam dunk." Of course, guys always love to be seduced, so this doesn't apply if it's the guy being pampered.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
They were suprised to see me there, I took of their clothes ran a hot bath for them, bath them, dry them off, brush their hair, dry it.
You keep saying "They". How many women can you bathe at one time, anyway? And how did you talk them into getting into a single bathtub together?
biggrin.gif

Scott: Take over some of her daily chores. Find something that she does almost every day, whether it's vaccumning, doing the dishes, whatever, and start doing it before she has a chance to. She needs some time to relax and unwind, and she will probably want that time to be without you. Women are funny that way, they need a few hours to themselves every once in awhile. But here's the catch: If they even think there might be something that they didn't get done that day, they won't be able to relax.
Take my wife, for example. She has to get the house cleaned and dishes and clothes washed and everything else done before she will take a break. I can't tell her, "Don't worry about it, honey. We can do it tomorrow." She has to do it right then and there. If I pitch in and help, it goes that much faster, and she can relax sooner.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I usually volunteer to watch the kids for a few hours so she can go out and enjoy herself. This may not work as well for you.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Bill,Slam Dunk is a term I heard on Married With Children.It stuck.And most of the time, it was the woman who initiated it.
Ryan, Ive tried this on a few women, and it always went over well. Different girls at different times but not together
biggrin.gif

Doing more house work doesnt work for me, becuase they expect me to do that already,Im a neat freak whos always doing some type fo housework.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 02:22 PM]
[Edited last by JonZ on October 26, 2001 at 02:23 PM]

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
And most of the time, it was the woman who initiated it.
icon14.gif
That's cool. I only mentioned that because if you put it in your pampering routine then pampering could be seen as an ulterior motive. If you don't plan on it, but she starts it...more power to ya!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Was thinking the same thing as Ryan about (them). heehee!! oh and Ryan, I'm still trying to call you at 000-000-0000 (another thread) but cannot seem to get through...are you not home or something?! :)
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks