TMNT Season 3 in June?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DeathStar1, Apr 20, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Our sites roaving reporter mentioned that she read somewhere Season 3 of the classic series is coming in June. Seems awfully fast.

Has anyone heard it to confirm or deny?

thanks
    Neil

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Doubtful.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Definetly, but I thought I'd put out news feelers and see if anyone has heard anything. Gord, any news?

4. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I wish they would have combined seasons two and three. Having to wait as long as you have to wait for most season sets with the second season only having thriteen episodes is frustrating.

Paul

5. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Wasn't season 3 47 episodes? I doubt we'll see a complete season set.

6. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

7. Joe:C

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

8. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Actually they are calling the second release, "Volume 2." So, when volume 3 comes out, it will probably be HALF of season three.

9. Paul Miller

10. Jordan Rebner

could that possibly be for the 2003 series?

11. Joe:C

Yes I believe that is for the new series.

12. Paul Miller

Oh okay, that is the news series, for some reason they labeled it Volume 3 Season 3 (which ironically would be the next in the original series as well) instead of Volume 17.

Paul

13. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I'm so excited about getting Turtles: Season 2 in a few days. I haven't seen these episodes since I was a kid! I would have loved to get Season 3 so quickly in what ever form it will be. It will probably be in volumes. I'm just so excited that all my cartoons I watched as a kid are coming out or on DVD. If only Sony would finally release Real Ghostbusters. It woulld be nice to get Bucky O'Hare, Mighty Max, Dino-Riders too [​IMG]

14. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

ha, I'm with you on Dino-Riders and Bucky O'hare Jim!

you never know what could happen though... I'd love to have the entire Marvel Action block with Dino-Riders, Spiderman & His Amazing Friends and Robocop on dvd!

Dino-Riders used to be one of my favorite shows, I still have some of the toys... and it's been years since I've seen an episode of Bucky O'hare!

15. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

My TMNT Season 2 disc arrived yesterday. Great picture quality, especially with 13 episodes jammed on there. Artisan also includes chapter stops within the episodes and the ability to skip past the opening theme (not that it's terrible but if you're watching 5 episodes in a row it's nice to skip it after a bit). Overall, this was definitely worth the wait.

16. Jordan Rebner

it's one disc? is it double sided at least?

13 episodes on 2 layers seems like a lot

17. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

One disc release I'm afraid, but don't worry the pic quality is very good. I'd go as far to say these episodes look much better than those on volume 1, which I thought were very dirty and jumpy.

18. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Speaking of the 2003 series, Funimation is really burning my biscuits. I probably should make a new thread, but I don't feel like doing that just to complain. The first two seasons worth of episodes were fairly in order. Only going out of order to release 'Battle Nexus' early to tie into the game. But for Season 3, they're really all over the map with the releases. And it's really hurting the running story, since they're not being released in order. Not there are some spoilers in the following text.

TMNT 3.1: Alien Invasion
    Episode #3-13 (65) - The Lesson (During the episode, Donny gets one of the mysterious 'faxes' on his shell cell. That would later be revealed to be the Fugitoid's memories stored in it. Yet in the episode storyline, Dr. Honeycutt hasn't 'died' yet. :p )
    Episode #3-09 (61) - Hunted (Leatherhead returns, even though in the running storyline he's believed dead. He's revealed to be alive, in Agent Bishop's genetics lab in the World's Collide arc which is on the next DVD.)
    Episode #3-02 (54) - Space Invaders #1
    Episode #3-03 (55) - Space Invaders #2
    Episode #3-04 (56) - Space Invaders #3

TMNT 3.2: Worlds Collide:
    Episode #3-05 (57) - Worlds Collide #1
    Episode #3-06 (58) - Worlds Collide #2
    Episode #3-07 (59) - Worlds Collide #3
    Episode #3-08 (60) - Touch and Go
    Episode #3-12 (64) - The New Guard

TMNT 3.3: Return of the Ultimate Ninja
    Episode #3-19 (71) - Reality Check
    Episode #3-20 (72) - Across the Universe
    Episode #3-21 (73) - Same As It Never Was
    Episode #3-22 (74) - The Real World #1
    Episode #3-23 (75) - The Real World #2
    (They did justice with this one. Other than the fact that the set-up episode, Time Travails (Episode #69) hasn't been released yet. And features the original return of the 'Ultimate Ninja' in his fused form with Draco.)

19. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Do you have any idea why they started doing this? Also, why did they change the way they were numbering the releases? Why is the volume after volume 14 called volume 3.1?

20. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Travis, I'm glad to hear your feedback regarding the transfer, I was really underwhelmed by Artisan's work on the first season release. In fact, I thought it downright sucked. As much as I appreciated being able to finally own the first season on DVD and relive my childhood, I was incredibly dissapointed in the overall presentation. The subpar transfers, the lack of extras, the pointless and awkward inclusion of the extra season ten episodes which could have better and more fittingly been filled with either more episodes or extra content, perhaps some commentaries or commercial spots, etc. I thought Artisan showed little regards towards fans of the series, so to be honest my expectations for tomorrow's release were not high. But I am very happy to hear that the quality of transfers have been improved upon. At least that's a plus... even though we really should have a complete Season 1 & 2 boxset released last year! Anyways, despite my criticism, I'm really hyped on tomorrow's release... I can't wait to watch these episodes again after so many years - it's a blast from the past! [​IMG]