What's new

Titanic to be RE-RELEASED 2012! (1 Viewer)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Oh, goodie.

Unless they can go back to CG programming files like with Shrek, any time they rerelease a film "in 3D" that wasn't originally shot with two cameras, there ought to be a branding requirement to indicate "in Reformatted 3D!"

After all, if they're going to charge a huge premium for a gimmick, it ought to be indicated what level of gimmick it is!

A tired fuddy-duddy,

Leo

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm with you, Leo.

Back in my day, we didn't have threee-deee movies. Heck, we only had 4 colors, and three of them were shades of black. Kids these days, and their overly loud movies... theaters used to have one teeny, tiny speaker and it was outside. Some poor sap would have to stand out in the rain and relay the sound to the rest of us. That's the way it was and we liked it. We loved it. Hoop-de-do and spickety-spank. [/url]

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Cameron's just doing this to secure the #1 and #2 all time box office spots, given the Star Wars 3D re-releases.

I'll get around to seeing Titanic some day, but not in 3D.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ben Osborne

Cameron's just doing this to secure the #1 and #2 all time box office spots, given the Star Wars 3D re-releases.

Assuming that James Cameron sits home worrying if he's going to have the number one and two highest grossing movies of all time, Star Wars would have to make $140 million to beat Titanic and $300 million to beat Avatar so I think both records are safe.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Originally Posted by Leo Kerr

... any time they rerelease a film "in 3D" that wasn't originally shot with two cameras, there ought to be a branding requirement to indicate "in Reformatted 3D!"

After all, if they're going to charge a huge premium for a gimmick, it ought to be indicated what level of gimmick it is!

A tired fuddy-duddy,

Leo

A perfectly reasonably request.

A flat film converted into 3-D should begin with an advisory: "This film has been converted into 3-D from its original flat version."

No one can argue with that.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
TITANIC is among my favorite films of all time however this does not excite me in the least.

The film provided me with a profound experience every single time I saw it back in 97-98, it moved me like no other film ever had...and it was in 2D.

3D adds nothing to the emotional impact of a film at all and only serves to add a gee whiz element to it which this material does not need, frankly I'm surprised Cameron deems it necessary to add such absurdity to his masterpiece.

I would much rather Cameron go back and fix his depiction of the ships break-up (as a student of TITANIC since 86 the films depiction is wrong) and a few of the other minor visual mistakes with the ship which I hope he does.

I will of course see it but the 3D will not be the driving force that compels me to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks