Timeless Media Group - New Releases

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brian:C, May 24, 2007.

1. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Isn't WEST POINT a ZIV show?

2. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:
    Yep.

3. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    Put me down if "The Debbie Reynolds Show" is ever released.

4. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Just finished watching about 5 episodes of West Point, and I must say the quality is just outstanding for the most part. There are a few dust particles and other minor artifacts, but for the most part, the images are just razor sharp, clean with excellent contrast. If you are familiar with the Naked City DVD's that were released several years ago, these are almost just as good, IMO. I hope the entire series is as good as the episodes I watched. Timeless has knocked it out of the park with this release. I think quality wise, they are just as good as the Peter Gunn release. Man I hope that the Stoney Burke release is as good as this one.

5. Flashgear

Flashgear Second Unit

Randall
    Thank you Richard for reporting on this, glad to hear that the episodes look that great...I don't know if I'd be interested (thematically) in West Point as a blind buy...but seeing as it's set in the mid '50s in the immediate aftermath of the Korean war and during a period where military ethics and code of conduct were major issues at West Point and throughout the U.S. military...the enemy "brainwashing" of prisoners and forced "confessions" to germ warfare and war crimes being much in the news...a very difficult and interesting period where many gallant American heroes suffered beyond their return to stateside....if West Point touches on any of those issues in their storylines I'd be excited...the feature film and broadway show Time Limit dealt with this to great effect...I really enjoyed the Warner Archive release of The Lieutenant and would hope this would be as good as that... I'm really excited about Stoney Burke and can't wait for that!...we're having a great year in classic b/w shows...

6. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    I saw on TVShowsonDVD the cover art for the upcoming Timeless release Bearcats with Rod Taylor. It looks like a really interesting show, however, from what I could tell the Timeless release does not include the pilot telefilm, Powderkeg. Does anyone know why it was not included (if this is correct)? It seems to be available on some pd collections, does anyone know if any of them have good quality?

7. Flashgear

Flashgear Second Unit

Randall
    I'm going to blind buy this series...it does sound very interesting, and the price really can't be beat for a 3 disc set...14 episodes total? I do hope it includes the pilot as well, as it sounds exciting with the hostages on the moving train...a good opportunity to show the Stutz Bearcat in pursuit...love you Timeless!

8. mustang

mustang Stunt Coordinator

If You Havent Seen The Show Check it Out On Youtube.

9. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Would love to see them do Kraft Suspense Theatre, I'm sure many fans would like to see this series come out on DVD, and if it's a Universal title perhaps it's possible if the price is reasonable for them plus no rights issues preventing such a release.

10. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    Maybe as an extra they should include some of the Sponsors Original Commercials. (Kraft Foods) One Episode I saw had a commercial that had a recipe for a Chili-Mac Dish. I'm taking the liberty of posting it for you.: Suspense Chili Mac Ingredients One Pound Ground Beef 1/2 Cup Chopped onions One 14.5 Oz can Diced Tomatoes, Drained 1/2 Lb Velveeta or Similar Cheese product, diced into i/2 inch chunks 3/4 cup Macaroni One Cup Bread Crumbs 2 Tablespoons Margarine Instructions Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F. Boil Macaroni for 10 minutes, Drain Brown ground beef and Onions in a Skillet Add Tomatoes and Cheese, let cheese melt Add Macaroni, stir until mixed thoroughly Transfer Mixture to a Casserole Dish. Melt Margarine and add to Bread Crumbs Sprinkle Bread Crumb Mixture over Casserole Place casserole in Oven and Cook for 20 Minutes Enjoy! :D

11. phenri

phenri Second Unit

Paul
    Thank you for mentioning Kraft Suspense Theater. I've seen a few episodes on Antenna TV, and I think it is enormously entertaining. This is now on my holy grail DVD list. I think this is something Shout! could possibly release, since they seem to have a good relationship with Universal.