What's new

Timeless Media Group - New Releases (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone been able to find "Going my Way", or "Wide Country" @ Sam's. I go every week, and never see it.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Unfortunately, Sam's doesn't always pickup all the Timeless titles. I was looking for Arrest & Trial Complete and Tall Man Complete but had to go a different route instead.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
My local Sam's haven't had any of the recent Timeless releases . I found that you have to be patient with Sam's getting in the Timeless releases . They eventually get them . Sometimes it takes a bit of time .
Still waiting for Arrest and Trial complete ,Gene Autry season 2, Wide Country , Going My Way , Medic and Tall Man .

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Whats the opinion of The Tall Man prints are they comparible to the recent Wells Fargo set or worse? Are they improvements on the seperate season sets released a couple years ago? The preview clips from those earlier sets looked washed out with poor contrast. I'm interested in this set if its at least average quality but not with public domain quality prints as some Timeless media releases are. It seems its always a gamble with their releases and they are definately not worth the price when the prints are poor but are if the prints are average or better.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Announcement for the complete series of "Cimarron City", March 6. This now makes "Riverboat" the only series Timeless has released before in a "Best of" set that hasn't gotten a full series release (or a season by season release).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/257022/timeless-media-group-new-releases/240#post_3882714
Announcement for the complete series of "Cimarron City", March 6. This now makes "Riverboat" the only series Timeless has released before in a "Best of" set that hasn't gotten a full series release (or a season by season release).
It's only a matter of time. I think that's obvious at this point.

Gary "as we've all known for some time now - any western in the Revue/Uni catalog has a great shot at release thru Timeless" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/257022/timeless-media-group-new-releases/240#post_3882779
I'll feel more secure when the announcement comes.
What? You don't trust the crystal ball?

Gary "in all seriousness, I'd say it's all but a done deal and just a matter of time before we get an actual release date" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Jack P said:
What about "Restless Gun"? I keep suggesting it to them but no hints of an upcoming release.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jack P said:
"The Lawless Years" stands out too, except that they released season one, and stopped, not a "Best Of" release.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Jack P said:
I suppose you mean Westerns here because the one that I would really like to see as a full series release is The Third Man and that only has a few episodes released......

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in Cimarron City, hopefully the prints are good. I also hope they continue Tales of Wells Fargo in Season sets and re-release Laramie color Seasons 3 and 4 since the prints in the 1st releases were from collectors and very poor. Now they have access to Uni's Prints so they should be alot better.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
In addition to The Life and Times and Grizzly Adams, I wish Timeless Media Group would release Robert Totten's remake of The Red Pony (Universal / NBC, 1973). It was a different take from the original, an entirely new adaptation, and I think a better one. A poignant coming of age drama in the west, involving a horse. Played on a small intimate scale by Henry Fonda, Maureen O'Hara, and Ben Johnson. Clint Howard played the kid. The saloon fight between Fonda and Johnson remains the best fight I've seen in a western since Shane (1953). The was no music in it, just grunts and breathing and the sound of bone hitting flesh and boots on a dusty floor. They fight until they are too exhausted to continue. The film also offers one of the best performances of Fonda's career, and that's saying a lot. The film has never been released to home video and is impossible to obtain in any shape or form.

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
We haven't seen a complete Restless Gun release yet. Hopefully Gary OS can let us know if Timeless is going to do a complete on Riverboat & Restless Gun. I presume Timeless will supply season 3,4 and 5 of Tales of Wells Fargo. What about The Outlaws?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
mmyers said:
We haven't seen a complete Restless Gun release yet. Hopefully Gary OS can let us know if Timeless is going to do a complete on Riverboat & Restless Gun. I presume Timeless will supply season 3,4 and 5 of Tales of Wells Fargo. What about The Outlaws?
And Hopefully Wells Fargo Season 6 as well.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Gary O;
I hope you have something in your crystal ball for an old west private eye with a unique firearm, that would be Shotgun Slade starring Scott Brady, which enjoyed a two-season run in syndication from 1959 to 1961. A complete series would be a good choice for Timeless to release.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
They do other genres of course, but are western shows cheaper or easier for them to get than drama shows or is it merely their chosen top preference and priority? Another rare Universal (drama) title suggestion here; Lucas Tanner (1974-75) starring David Hartman, ran 23 episodes.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
HenryDuBrow said:
They do other genres of course, but are western shows cheaper or easier for them to get than drama shows or is it merely their chosen top preference and priority? Another rare Universal (drama) title suggestion here; Lucas Tanner (1974-75) starring David Hartman, ran 23 episodes.
I think they just prefer doing Westerns more. And the deal with Universal has opened up many opportunities for them. But as Neil has stated, Universal isn't into remastering or cleaning up shows on their own and small companies like Timeless don't have the budget. So it comes down to finding one's that are in decent enough shape to run with. This doesn't ensure great looking releases but I imagine it is generally more successful then searching out prints from other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks