Timecop release May 27th anamorphic?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David_P, May 9, 2008.

1. David_P

David_P Stunt Coordinator

2. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    I would hope so, as they could have sourced it from the HD master used to create the recent HD DVD.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Not that it really means much but Universal finally released Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie and Serial Mom in anamorphic versions this week so maybe they're in an anamorphic mood.

4. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    Be really nice if they would include what I thought was a cool trailer. No such luck I'd wager.

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's four films on two discs, with a list price of $19.99. I suppose it's possible Univeral created a new S-DVD from the hi-def master used for HD DVD, but it's just as likely that they're recycling the old S-DVD, which was P&S. We won't know until someone has a copy.

M.

6. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Well, the Schwarzenegger set Universal released last year contained a newly anamorphic "Kindergarten Cop" so I wouldn't rule out the possibility quite yet. I'll definitely get this if it is, as I don't have any of these films.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll wait to get a confirmation on this too. Would be nice to get an uncut "Hard Target" someday as well. I heard there was such a thing, could be internet rumor though.

8. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

That set's Twins was also available in widescreen for the first time, and was 16:9-enhanced. It was a similar set with multiple films on a single disc, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new Van Damme set followed a similar model.

9. David_P

David_P Stunt Coordinator

I purchased the set, and wanted to confirm that Timecop is indeed anamorphic widescreen.

Timecop and Hard Target are on one DVD (single sided, dual layer) and Street fighter / The Quest are on another.

Timecop is actually 2.35:1 and Hard Target is 1.85:1, both anamorphic. On the DVD itself, the labelling says it's the other way around (TC=1.85:1 etc). The DVD labelling is incorrect.

The labelling on the case seems correct... and Streetfighter is the only film which is not anamorphic in the set (still is 2.35:1 widescreen though). This was confirmed by trying it out.

Timecop was on the one I was really interested in, and it's 2.35:1 anamorphic.

DP