What's new

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Thanks gents. I always wondered what show that theme belonged to but had no idea.

I vaguely remember Time Tunnel but am intrigued by the posts here. I was but a wee lad then. I may have to add this to my collection.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Just to be clear, It's About Time was a comedy whereas The Time Tunnel wasn't.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
"Its about time, its about space, about two men in the strangest place....."
It also had stop-motion dinosaurs in it, which was pretty unusual for a tv show at that time

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
When I was in grade school, we changed that theme song slightly:

"It's about time,
It's about space,
It's about time
I slapped your face." {SLAP!}

Man, you guys are taking me back... :)

Rob

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Today is January 24th, 2006, release day for THE TIME TUNNEL VOLUME 1. I'll be interested to hear the opinions of those who pick the set up, both new people to the series, and longtime fans.

Harry
...where the countdown has reached zero, online...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ditto, Harry :D

After all, when we've got a real-life celebrity like Gord (TSoD) hooked on this series, we've got it made, right? :D

(I wonder if Dave's "dancing around the room" about this one?) :D

I'm going to be watching TT Vol 1 with Mom and my "millenium-kid" nephew. The nephew shocked the TV/DVD shoes right off of me when I found out last fall that he liked the original Dick Van Dyke Show :emoji_thumbsup: "Anything's possible".

My Mom missed the orignal airings of TT due to her working evenings but this is one that Dad and I never missed :D "Set up the TV Trays and enjoy"

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The countdown has reached zero. Today is National TIME TUNNEL Day! Now everyone can travel back in time to September of 1966 and re-live what we who were around back then did.

Look at all the traffic around the Best Buys, Blockbusters, and Circuit Citys...

;)

Harry
...with tongue firmly planted in cheek!, online...

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
Picked my copy up over lunch. Funny thing is two of my local Circuit city's didn't have it in stock for some reason. Of course nobody knew why. Either way finally went to Best Buy and they had it on sale for $29.99 so score. Can't wait to experience this...

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I just now drove over to Best Buy to pick up my copy during lunch also. I was so excited about it that I had no appetite for food. Actually got a bit exasperated when it seemed the TT sets were nowhere to be found. Finally saw them (just 4 copies) on a table near the middle of the store. (When VTTBOTS comes out, I'll probably be in the parking lot, waiting for the store to open...)

I know I'm going to enjoy this set immensely. In a way, it'll be like seeing the series for the first time, given that the prints are pristine and un-cut. Whenever it was shown on the SCI-FI channel years ago, I had little patience for it--too many commercials, lackluster prints, missing footage, etc. Prior to that, I hadn't seen an episode since original airing.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I was out and about doing some shopping for other things at lunchtime today, and I thought I'd check the TIME TUNNEL situation in the stores I went into.

Target was the first store I entered - nada - nothing.

Best Buy was second, and they had about 10 copies in the "TV on DVD" racks, nothing in the "New Release" section.

Then I was in a mall with both a Sam Goody and a Suncoast. BOth of those are part of the Musicland group that just went into Chapter 11. I noticed that they had no new releases at all - not surprising.

So it looks like Best Buy is the sure-bet brick and morter to head to, and their price was right too, on sale at $29.99.

Harry

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, forgot to mention that as well. It was the same at my BB. TT was not on the New Release aisle. Either way, it's in hand, and that is GOOD!

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I went to Target first as well--not there. Doofus had no clue what I was talking about. Went to Sams Club, not there either. Ask salesperson about Superman S2 while I'm thinking of it and he hands me "Smallville". Folks at BB helped bring my blood pressure back down to normal state, thankfully.

From now on, if I don't purchase from DDD or Amazon, it's back to BB for me.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm about to sit down & watch TT after looking forward to this set for a long time. I purchased TT this afternoon at BB, even though I normally buy this sort of set online at DVD Empire. BB had it in both the TV section & the new release isle. I didn't bother with other B&Ms because of the reasons mentioned above. I also could not believe that the BB cashier didn't try to sell me something or ask for my biographical history! ;) ;)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching the first 2 episodes of TT, I must say I'm very pleased with the transfer. ;) But I have a major problem with the packaging! If there are two types of packaging that I just HATE, LOATHE & generally DISLIKE, it is digipaks & the super slim keepcases used with the TT release. :angry: :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I guess I'll have to design my own cover art & put the discs into more appropriate sized keepcases.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
David - thanks for the review.

May I respectfully submit one minor factual error?

You wrote:

The packaging on this set certainly isn't going to win any awards, that's for sure, but at least they didn't use those awful overlapping discs. Now THOSE, I really hate.

This packaging is good enough for me to leave alone. It holds the discs and allows me to get them in and out without scracthing them. I can live with this.

Harry

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
Same, watched the first two episodes last night and man it was great. This is coming from a 26yr old that had no personal ties to the show beyond seeing a rerun or two a while back. I am truly impressed with the transfer and enjoyed the hell out of the show. You HAVE to love the classic 60’s/70’s karate chop move that seems to show up in all the old action TV shows. I can’t wait for VTTBOTS & Land of The Giants. Now I just need some “Get Smart” and I will be on my way to TV bliss man….

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
When I was a kid I watched this show and Lost in Space! (I have no idea why I wasn't watching Star Trek... I didn't discover that until syndication!). Anyway, picked up my set yesterday and am looking forward to revisiting it!

Ric

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, Marco :emoji_thumbsup: "Let's hear it for the Millineum Kids" :D Man, that absolutely amazes me that you all are out there liking the old classics that we 'Boomers grew up with :D My nephew's 26 as well. He likes the Dick Van Dyke Show! He hasn't seen TT yet, but he will :D TT's one that I'm going to see if my Mom and he likes the series. I'm betting the farm that they'll like this series. However, my nephew wasn't too keen about my beloved "bionic" series. "Can't win 'em all" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks