What's new

Time to Thrown Down! 2007 Top Ten Lists (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I've finally reached the 30 movie threshold, so check out my Top 10 list. The link to it is in my signature.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
First,

Adam, thanks for doing this thread (now for a bunch of years) it's always interesting.

My Top Ten

1. No Country For Old Men - Terrific story, well conceived and executed
2. There Will Be Blood - Has many outstanding aspects including cinematography and acting
3. Once - Terrific and compelling story. A compact story that stayed true to its vision. Terrific music and character development
4. The Darjeeling Limited - I'm surprised this didn't get more votes. To me it went past the quirky kind of humor that Wes Anderson goes for and had a really good story with interesting characters I hope that he will follow into another film.
5. Gone Baby Gone - Great Acting and terrific dialogue.
6. Hairspray - Received good/bad press because of Travolta in drag but I thought the songs/performances really crackled and the sets were wonderful.
7. Eastern Promises - A film I definitely would like to see again.
8. Michael Clayton - Perhaps one of the best ensemble casts of the year.
9. Waitress - Interesting story
10. The Bourne Ultimatum - It's hard to carry sequels. This film was fun and had a couple amazing scenes.

Just missing out ...

La Vie En Rose - Needed major editing but Marion Cotillard is a star.
Across the Universe
Juno

Films that really disappointed me.

Zodiac - Made a point to see this after all the positive rankings going on in this thread. I found it very boring.

The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford - I went in with zero expectations and it met them. What a yawn fest.

I'm Not There 'I'm not there' refers to the lack of an intelligent story, told in a compelling manner. I had big hopes for this film. Let's see, we'll make a Dylan film without Dylan singing ... Brilliant! We'll have a young black child from the South portray a singer from Minnesota ... Brilliant!

Significant films I didn't see ... as you can only reflect on what you've seen.

The Diving Bell and The Butterfly
The Kite Runner
Lars and the Real Girl
Charlie Wilson's War
Atonement

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I added Lake of Fire to the #7 slot. A fascinating (though often hard to watch) documentary. I have to thank the local newspaper for bringing this one to my attention.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Closing in on 90 seen, still missing some of the prestige releases like Michael Clayton, Assassination of Jesse James, La Vie en Rose, In the Valley of Elah, Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Persepolis, and more.

Added Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street at #10, pushing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix off my list. This was a good year for musicals between this Hairspray, Once, & Across the Universe.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
I might as well chime in now.

1. Atonement
2. The Kite Runner
3. Gone Baby Gone
4. Eastern Promises
5. Zodiac
6. Bridge to Terabithia
7. No Country for Old Men
8. 3:10 To Yuma
9 Michael Clayton
10. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
1) Zodiac
2) The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
3) No Country for Old Men
4) There Will Be Blood
5) The Nines
6) Michael Clayton
7) Juno
8) Ratatouille
9) Gone Baby Gone
10) Grindhouse

Honorable Mentions: Superbad, Knocked Up, Eastern Promises, The Darjeeling Limited, Sweeney Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks