What's new

Time to talk turkey about DVD players (1 Viewer)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Alright, all this buzz about the outgoing Panny DVD players with the Faroujda (sp?) chip has got my dander up. This past winter I dropped close to 5 bills on a Pioneer Elite DV45A, and now I see this Secrets of Home Theater shootout showing the DV45A in nearly last place for video quality, and all these Pannys at the top. To date, I have been happy with the video performance of the DV45A, and it plays DVD-A and SACD as well. But, I'm the type of person who likes to have the best rated stuff in his price range, as long it doesn't break the bank. Should I bite on this XP50 deal at buy.com? Does anyone out there have any experience in comparing the DV45A head-to-head with the Pannys (XP50, XP30, RP82)? I have an itchy trigger finger, so any feedback would be extremely appreciated.

John_Q*

Grip
What XP50 deal at buy.com? I don't see it listed there ...

They have the RP91, S55S, RP62, and S35K. Do you have a link?

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
John,

Sorry, no link. It was one of their advertised price mistake of the deal day for 24 hours that was listed on the day of my post. I think I've decided to just stay with the DV45A.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks