What's new

Time to buy X-MEN 1.5 (box and pubs) (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I swear, sometimes marketing people just need to shot, I mean, 1.5? Give me a damn break, I can't believe that stupid idea is still on the box!

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Huge disappointment. Unfortunately, I already got rid of mine when they were supposedly making a real special edition (back when the rumours included a new cut and 24 deleted scenes). So, them throwing me the free movie ticket makes up for some of the pain............although they should really lose the 1.5.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I said they wouldn't and they did. I was wrong, and I agree that it's stupid.

I still suspect that the change might have been made too late to alter the packaging (within a reasonable cost) since we don't know when that new package was actually finished. But it makes you wonder...

Doesn't make it less confusing and silly though. I think they made a serious mistake listing it as 1.5 still.

Perhaps they feared confusion in regards to their earlier released press???

Or maybe it is just crappy marketing after all. To be honest, I prefer the original artwork all the way, it actually looks more special to me than this new cover.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Has anyone had any problems with the current X-MEN disc? Mine played fine--once--on my Pioneer portable, then "defaulted" to the annoying extended branching version. I've never been able to set it right. And it refuses to play at all on my new Sony multidisc player.

So: Bad disc? Bad pressing? Should I get the new one and cross my fingers?

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I wonder how many people will think that it has a mono soundtrack with five LFE channels? ;)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
But the cover still shows "1.5" on the cover.

Just a dumb thing to have on there.

Mark

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Just my $.02 I think the current X-men package is really slick-looking, very classy and suits the "color scheme" of the movie. I guess they had to change the package a lot to differentiate it. I can't imagine a new transfer looking much better, least on my gear, it looks great. The LFE channel could use a slight enhancement, a little soft. In the cover picture they got the Canadian and U.S. prices backwards...but Cdn$18 would be a good deal!

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
That final grey cover art looks so much better than the horrible red one, with a better pose from Wolverine as well. Shame they didn't drop the hokey '1.5' from the cover, but because the original Xmen dvd was touted as a special edition I guess they had to clearly differentiate the two SE's. Still, I'm looking forward to this one!

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
New X-Men version 8.0...the easy just got easier!

"Welcome! You got Mutant Powers!"

Seriously, the cover is much better now.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Haven't heard anything that said they dropped "1.5"....

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
This is really awful. What a terrible cover. The average consumer won't know what to make of it. The should have called it "X Men Revisited" or something a bit less misleading.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
if memory serves me right...the original disc had the mutant watch fox special, and the spiderman joke easter egg...those were exclusive to it.

i have seen the original repackaged in a keep case in a two pack with another movie and a box set with both x men films and daredevil director's cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks