What's new

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
...in an amazing way, WOW just WOW. This is going to be one seriously amazing film. Can I buy my tickets yet? ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Depp looks like Elijah Wood in that pic.

Overkill on the makeup IMHO. I think it looks ridiculous.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I think he looks more like Dave Foley. "Do you like the soup? Try some more. Do you really like it? I made it with my own (censored)."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mad hatter is just not working for me. Looks terrible.

The last shot of scenery looks pretty good however. I picture myself getting tired of the eye candy very quickly...like Charlie & the Choc Factory.

I wish Terry Gilliam had gotten this one instead of Burton.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
There's also a pic of Tweedledee and Tweedledum out there, but I can't find it to post it at the moment.

I'm not really feeling Depp's look, but I think the Queen of Hearts is amazing - the lipstick is a nice touch for one. Oddly, the White Queen looks rather pedestrian in comparison - odd they chose white hearts for her image background though.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Lots of hate going around. :frowning:

I actually like the pictures and am looking forward to seeing this. I have liked almost everything that the Burton/Depp combo have done.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Other then Apes, Burton has done nothing but seriously impress me with this work, this looks to do the same from the pics so far, I love it. He is the only director that really knows how to make such amazing fantasy films. All other try but just can't measure up.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i agree he looks wierd, but then i think this is a movie you can't judge on stills. its going to have to be judged on movement and performance, especially from seeing some of those shots from the movie. I think its going to look amazing.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I agree, and my previous comment: "Oh good, here's a thread I won't need to follow."

....was probably unclear.

Just did not want to deal with all the cynics.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I never thought I think this way...but...gulp, Carrot Top would be more a natural in the role then Depp. :eek: :laugh:

henry, I don't blame you. Alice is my favorite story bar none. And I really don't want to set myself up for disappointment. It doesn't look good currently. But Alice has never really been done right. My favorites are the old '72 British musical that gets a lot of hate and the Hallmark mini series from the late 90s. Disney's animated one is okay too but far below my other 2 favs.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I've always viewed Tim Burton as someone who should be an art director and set designer rather than a director. He knows how to make a film LOOK good, but the other aspects (characterizations, etc.) all too often fall flat.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
First off let me just say that I LOVE Tim Burton and I enjoy almost all of his films! Second, I LOVE Johnny Depp and was so excited to hear that he was going to be in this Alice version.

I've been keeping my eye on this film ever since I heard about it and when the pictures were released I had a very sad moment. I love over the top characters and costumes, but Johnny Depp looks like a scary clown to me (hate clowns in a major way). Everyone else looks great, but Johnny looks like a twisted, evil clown. Not how I pictured Burtons Mad Hatter to be. :frowning:

I still want to watch this film (even though I am utterly afraid of clowns and cannot even see pictures of them without freaking out) So sad :frowning:

steve3050

Auditioning
Real Name
jack

my favorite too..tim rocks
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks