What's new

Tigerland, anyone seen, heard, or bought this disc? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Kept passing this one by at Best Buy but noticed it for $5.99 so picked it up. A very good film with some great performances. It is interesting to see everything that Colin Farrell has done after that, before seeing his performance in Tigerland. I really like him as an actor and can't wait to see what he does next.

This dvd is a steal for $5.99.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
It's also $5.88 at Wal-Mart for anyone looking. I've always heard good things about this one, but just haven't picked it up yet.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I have seen Tigerland at Circuit city for $7 or $8 and it's definitely worth a blind purchase if you like war films. It's a good DVD too, with a lot of extras (including a commentary track).
I have also seen The Thin Red Line for very cheap, but it's not a film for everyone. :)

ChrisA

Second Unit
Awesome DVD.... I watched it when I bought it and it is back on my shelf waiting to watch it again sometime... it is a keeper.... great movie!!!!! 4.25/5

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I hadn't realized it was that cheap. I'll definitely pick this up for that bargain price. Thanks for the heads up!

Bruce

Matt_P

Second Unit
A bump for this gem.

It's $6.99 at Circuit City.

It's a very good film--a gritty character piece that documents Schumacher's transformation from the darkness that was Batman and Robin, to more promising material like Phone Booth. Great 16mm cinematography, and powerful performances. It also takes the time to examine the psychological impact on the soldiers, similar to the best film of the 90s, The Thin Red Line (although, without voiceovers like TTRL).

Highly recommended.

Tigerland is arguably the best thing Colin Farrell has done to date. This film got him noticed and offered more roles, but IMHO nothing (including Phone Booth) he's done since shows his abilities like it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Great flick! Also in the $5.88 bin at Wal-Mart if you search for it.

As Jeff said, apparently Colin Farrell peaked with this early film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks