What's new

thx on 1014?? (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Ive been playing with my new 1014. I was just wondering whats the diff between THX cinema and regular 5.1? I cant hear much difference.

RyanJE

Second Unit
John, I also thought that it muddled the highs a bit but I thought it could be my imagination since im not used to this receiver yet. If a DVD says THX on it does that matter?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
THX on a DVD means it was mastered in a certain way, it does not guarantee that it will work better with THX processing.

John S

Senior HTF Member
here's a hint from personal findings...

I use it when for whatever reason the Dolby DD, or Even DD 2.0 or heck even Dolby PL just happens to sound harsh or brash.

You will know what I mean if you ever run across such a title / source, usually it is the dialog that is harsh, brash, overly bright. Not sure how to describe it, but everytime, the THX seems to help a lot with those. Otherwise, I use what I deem the correct mode, which will be DD or DTS.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I leave mine on Automatic surround. . . Works best for me and sounds great doing it. I got tired of the other modes. . . "Advanced" "Expanded" etc. etc. Sounds just fine doing its own thing and I dont worry about wether it is in the right mode or not. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks