What's new

"THX", "Dolby Digital" and "HTF" plaques (2 Viewers)

David Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone ordered and recieved a plaque here in the States from Design by Bond (Magnus Bond)? If yes, how did they turn out? I'm thinking of ordering some as they do look wonderful.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
The plaques from Bond look really good in the pics. But I have been e-mailing him for a month trying to order. And he can never do it, I think he is really busy.

Magnus Bond

Auditioning
Jason

You're right... I'm extremly busy... it happens so much right now, that I don't know how to handle it.
There are orders from the whole world, and it's just me (and sometimes my dad) doing this... It's (was) a hobby...

Now I have to make the decision of ending my regular occupation, and go for this... It's a hard decision,
and I have to do it fast...

I also had 2 weeks of vacation... 2 weeks... =(

And when I got back, there was 70! plaques on order... HUH!
Had to work all night... and the hard work resulted in a broken millingmachine... =(
And I also must check the rules for export orders before sending.
Sweden is a complicated country sometimes...

But the first two shippings to US is on the way out.
I can give references when they arrive.

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks, conditions have become more settled.
I make apologies to affected customers...

Mike.Fold

Auditioning
Thanks to Tim K.

The artwork worked out perfect for some 45.00 wall sconces i bought for the hall leading to the theater.

accolades....

(o;

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
Are you saying that you used 45 different plaques in your hallway???? Care to post any pics of your handiwork? How did you mount them (i.e. store bought frames, shadowbox, light box, etc... ).
Man, 45 wall sconces in a hallway... you must live a cathedral. :)
Thanks,
Jeff

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Dude... I feel like a total moron. I was wondering if he was just a fellow engineer or what with the ".00" part. I'm like, "can you buy 45.06 wall sconces?" Guess it's time to take my meds again. :)
Thanks for the clarification. The question about pics of this stuff still stands. I'd love to see some.
Thanks,
Jeff, smacking himself for not understanding in the first place.

Tim K

Second Unit
Now that several months have passed, I have finally gotten around to printing, mounting, and hanging my own signs. I thought I'd never get around to it...but they look great. I used the same frames from Walmart that Dan Simes posted back around the bottom of page 4 or 5. Not bad for $9.96 each!

No pics, a digital camera is next on our wish list.

Tim K

Second Unit
I've seen those before...they are really cool and really expensive. Unfortunately, the money tree I had growing in the backyard died this year!

Tim K

Second Unit
I thought they turned out well....my wife does not. I believe her comments were something like....

"what is that $#!T on the wall."

Of course, she won't do anything about it, since when we bought the house we agreed that I could do with the room as I pleased!

One of the things I like best about the homemade versions is that I can simply change out the pictures if I find/make something better!

Tim K

Second Unit
Due to my addiction to graphics programs and some requests, I have made a couple of "fancy" additions to my collection. I just added a DTS Chrome and a Dolby Gold sign. Check them out if you are interested. I'll probably be tweaking both over the next few days, especially the gold.
(thanks go out to Owen for his help with Photoshop)
http://home.comcast.net/~timkrug/signs.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks