What's new

"THX 1138: The George Lucas Director's Cut" to Street 09/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Oh. Bummer. That sucks. Was hoping to see that out this spring. Well, SCTV is not until June so I guess I'll have to wait for that. SCTV will be great to watch while waiting for Star Wars and THX 1138 :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I skimmed and missed the reference to the release date.

I have never seen the film in its entirety. I suppose I could get the VHS tape if I was desparate for the original release, but otherwise, I'm going to gamble that the DVD will be good enough. I'll buy it regardless. That and the DVD with the THX 1138 short film.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Anything else good on that Lucas short film DVD?

Otherwise, yeah, I'll wait to see what comes on the THX 1138 dvd. Would like to hear more about it. I guess thats to come.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from play.com availability: Due for release on 26/07/2004

Special Features
* To be confirmed...
Audio commentary by George Lucas
Documentary - 'A Legacy Of Filmmakers - The Early Years Of Zoetrope'
Featurette - 'The Making Of THX 1138'
Lucas Short Film

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Full Details on the two-disc set!

Video: 2.35 Anamorphic (restored by Lowry Digital Images)
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1

Extras: Audio Commentary with director George Lucas and co-writer/sound designer Walter Murch; "Theater of Noise" Isolated Sound Effects Track; Master Sessions With Walter Murch; "A Legacy of Filmmakers: The Early Years of American Zoetrope" New Documentary; "Artifact From the Future: The Making of THX-1138" New Documentary; "Bald" Vintage Featurette; "Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138:4EB" Original Student Film; Original Theatrical Trailer

Street: September 14th
SRP: $26.99

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The set sounds and looks handsome enough-i just hope the 'revising' is not too noticable...someone mentioned on Amazon reviews that the original cut of this was about 2.75 hours long....would be great if ANY of that were found for the extras.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Very cool site, Mike. Thanks for the link!

Btw in the image gallery I'm seeing some new things I don't recall seeing in the original movie?

Edit: if you like the new DVD cover here's the wallpaper I found at the site. 1024x768

Edit2: "Theatrical Consumption 9-10-2004" Is it being re-released in theaters as well?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Is there still no word on what kind of 'alterations' have been made to the film?

Is the new cut/new print being shown in (selected) cinemas before the DVD is released?

The artwork looks great and the specifications look promising.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The alterations look amazing, definitely in the same vein as the Star Wars SE. Expanded scope, new shots, etc.

See for yourself from the trailer..

Nude shot :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks