What's new

Three's Company - Season 1 release info (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
DAMN!

I totally played my cards wrong or I would have walked out of the store with my very own copy of Three's Company season 1 tonight. The same place I got Married with Children season one 4 days early had this out on the shelf tonight.

But the thing is, when I walked in the store tonight, I walked up to the counter and asked about it. The clerk looked it up and said it would be out on the 11th (duh, I know that, silly -- I've forgotten more about DVD releases than you will ever know). The point is, she looked it up! And then asked me if I wanted to reserve it for $14.99 (and get a $3 off any regularly-priced item coupon by doing so) Man, I'm so stupid for playing dumb and asking her about it.

Because...

When I continued to the DVD section, I saw it sitting on the shelf. So I took it up the counter and said, "Look, it's out now. I want it." Then I could almost see an angel to one side of her and a devilish figure to the other. In the end, she told me she couldn't sell it to me. So it's sitting behind the counter, waiting for me on Tuesday. I'll get it for $14.99 and get a $3 coupon for reserving it.

So... I didn't get a good look at the DVD at all. But it's a standard DVD, similar in body and weight to those Paramount widescreen collection discs. No slip cover, just a basic release as Anchor Bay said it would be.

And sorry, Tony, I didn't even get a chance to look at the back. Grr... looks like I'll have to wait until the 11th, like most of the rest of you civilians. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gee, Dane, I'm sure she'd let you look at the back of the box for an item that's on hold for you! Why don't you go back and ask? :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I suppose I could do that, David. I live about 5 blocks away from the store, so if I'm in the area before the release date, I'll ask to take a look at it.

One good thing about not buying it tonight is -- given that it was out on the shelf and not priced on sale -- it would have cost me a whopping $19.99 (this store charges MSRP on most items). But since this goes down as a pre-order now, I'll only pay $14.99 -- $5 of which I put down tonight. So I come in with $10 on Tuesday and it's mine ... plus a $3 coupon. I have about 70 episodes worth of "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "Married with Children", "Soap", and "Friends" to watch in the meantime.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Dane , i feel for you buddy !:frowning: That similar situation has happened to me before.Anyway, i have my preorder waiting to be picked up on street date at my local suncoast,cant wait !Do let us know if you get a glimpse of the back cover.:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For Roundup purposes I received various e-mails this morning showing the sale prices that will be in weekly circulars next week. HTF rules prevent me from naming names. But at least 1 major chain with have this item on sale for $12.99!!

Very little web research effort is required to find out who this is, but I will have the info in Sunday's Weekly Roundup for 11/11, of course!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well Randy, i think what everyone wants to know about the backcover, is what pictures from the show are being shown.:D

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
No big shakes on the back cover:

I've only scanned a few episodes on my PC, but the picture quality looks fine. It's a little soft, as one might expect for a TV show of its age, but good.

There are no chapter stops in the episodes. Each episode runs 24 to 25 minutes. (None has the same duration.)

A four page insert includes a good color photo of the three stars from Season 1 on the cover. The inside spread offers more color photos of them (and one with the Ropers) from various seasons. The back page has a five-photo monochromatic-blue (like the back cover) collage of John Ritter with the Joyce DeWitt quote: "A great loss to the joy in the world."

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well at least the back cover is reflective of the first season, but im a little dissapointed it doesnt show a pic of him fully clothed in the bathtub.:D

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The theme song plays in it entirety over the main menu. It repeats as soon as it finishes, and continuously loops. The design is very 70s-ish--looking a lot like a menu from the Rhino TV-show DVDs.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Randy !:emoji_thumbsup: I knew Anchor Bay would do our favorite sitcom justice !I can only imagine what theyll do with extras in season 2 !:emoji_thumbsup:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Boy, do i have news for you guys !I was just browsing tv tome.coms 3s company guide, and i saw this on the first page !Apparently the dvd coming out tuesday will include a featurette on John Ritter, not to mention a sneak peek look at season 2 dvd !Not so barebones after all, eh ?:D

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Well at least the back cover is reflective of the first season
The photo of the three of them is at least from the second season (although the first full season). Janet's hair was a bob cut during the six-episode first season. I'm pretty sure that photo of Jack is from a later season, too.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for the clearup Randy. The way the guy had it written on tv tome.com i was sure it was a featurette , plus a sneak preview for season 2. Oh well, itll still be fun. :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
For those who missed the first episode of "8 Simple Rules" without John Ritter, ABC is showing an encore presentation tonight (Saturday) at 9 Eastern, 8 Central.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks