What's new

Three's Company - Season 1 release info (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ill be buying my copy locally, but for anyone interested , dvd empire.com has put it up for preorder for just under 13 bucks. This is something id like to buy locally and have in my hands the first day. Mine all mine on november 11, greatest sitcom of the late 70s to early 80s !:emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The first season is solid gold. I love Jack the Giant Killer. Great episode. Season two is really going to be exciting, with that great episode where Chrissy's boyfriend is a master chef. Also, the one where the kids have to clear out the vacant lot is great TV. And, Ground Rules--the season opener--has one of the best exchanges between Jack and Mr. Roper.

I'm probably going to stop watching the show on Nick-at-Nite so it'll be fresh on DVD. I've been watching ever since they picked it back up, so I've seen the entire run about 6 times now. :D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Why does dvd file.com keep making mistakes constantly when it comes to giving specs for upcoming discs ? For 3s company season 1, there saying its a 3 disc set with no extras, yeah right , a 3 disc set with 2 episodes on each disc , lol !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The errors continue, dvd review.com is also reporting season 1 as a 3 disc set. Id like to know where they get their info at, lol !:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't know where folks are getting this 3-disc stuff. Possibly confusion resulting from the number "3" in the title of the item?...

Anyway, Anchor Bay will have an official press release on the matter soon, probably before this week is over. So hopefully that will clear things up better. Tony, perhaps we'll get cover art by then, but since they changed the production schedule on this it may not be ready yet!

For now, though, someone at VSM has gotten the info right! :wink:

Peter, I have some ideas by which Anchor Bay can kind-of wrap the 28 episodes of The Ropers and the 22 episodes of Three's A Crowd into the entire DVD release run of Three's Company. I'm sure most fans of 3C would consider these both to be extensions of the show, and buy the DVDs with very little problem if packaged right.

In fact, The Ropers are VERY connected, much more so than people tend to remember: Ep. #1 is usually included in the syndication runs of 3C, with 3C credits running at the beginning (even though Jack, Janet and Crissy don't appear!). Larry shows up in Ep. #6. S2 premeires with Ep. #7 guest-starring Jack/Janet/Chrissy! Then, after the series is cancelled (May 1980), Helen & Stanley make one last guest appearance on 3C in March 81 in the ep called "Night of the Ropers". This is the one after Suzanne Somers' final ep, and both those eps served to introduce Jenilee Harrison as Crissy's cousin Cindy Snow. Helen also accidentally ended up in bed with Furley, making Stanley jealous when there was a big misunderstanding. Go figure! ;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The cover for the dvd is now up at tv shows on dvd.com. In my opinion they picked a good pic.:emoji_thumbsup: Lets hope they stick to it.:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anchor Bay usually does inserts, but I've never seen them show one on the internet prior to the release.

You like that cover? That same publicity shot, if I recall correctly, was used as a TV Guide cover back when the show first aired.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I think it works quite well. They showed that publicity photo during John Ritter's biography on A&E. I can't wait for Nov. 11th!! I only hope season 2 won't be too far behind!

I too hope they include "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd". Both series' were short-lived so I don't think it would be too intrusive. Especially in the case of "The Ropers", since (as someone stated above) it ties in with Three's Comapny anyway. I guess only time will tell.

MattHR

Screenwriter
You like that cover? That same publicity shot, if I recall correctly, was used as a TV Guide cover back when the show first aired.
I like the cover shot. However, it's not from the first season. It looks like the fourth or fifth season. Janet's character was allowed to evolve into a "sexier" look as the show progressed. She had longer, curly hair with the bangs parted in the first year--very 70's style. She then when into the "Dorothy Hamill" style, then the perm, and finally the "Pat Benatar" style. I think she looked her best at the end of the series. Her character was also much stronger towards the end. She transformed from the tom-boy/sidekick into a strong, determined woman.

As much as I like the cover shot, I hope Anchor Bay saves it for the later season it's actually from, and finds one that's representative of the first season.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The back cover needs to include a shot of Jack Tripper fully-clothed in the bathtub from the Pilot episode.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Frankly I'd rather that the back cover have a shot of the two girls in string bikinis.

Yeah, I went there. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks