What's new

Thread preview not working (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
For the last few days, the preview function does not work for me. However, once I click on a topic, then the preview box comes up (which of course, is too late).

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Shhhheeeessssccchh! I thought was just me. I have that, and more. Some do work, and on some I get the preview, but it flashes on and off.

Glenn

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Just checked: it worked fine (IE, version 5.5 as well as version 6.1).

What are your browsers (and versions)?

Cees

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Cees, I was using 6 last week, but then I reformatted my 'C' drive and am using 5.5 now. (Take your pick).

Oh, and I can get all 3 things to happen on the same page.

Glenn

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Cees,

AOL 7.0 (I'm not sure which version of IE it uses). Tomorrow I'll check from work and see if I have the same problem.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Well, it works from my computer at work, so I guess it must have something to do with my computer at home. It was working before...are there any specific settings I should check?

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Last night it was working again (from home/AOL), so I guess it's just one of those unexplained mysteries...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Cees, you might want to pop a couple of asprin before you go on. (pause while you get those down) :) My previews that 'flash' on and off only do that when they are positioned at around the upper 1/3rd of my screen. If I scroll it up or down it stays. LOL
As for my monitor, I have a 21" Viewsonic, and a Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS. I'll be loading up XP Pro next week with a new motherboard. -And get back on this.
Glenn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I just had to write back. As of late yesterday, the previews works perfect now. My guess is that I have a piece of software of set something that made it do that, but I haven't finished putting everything into my new system, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I finish.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I had to tell somebody. I upgraded from a 733mhz w256k to a 2gig w 512k. It is so sick!

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks