What's new

Thread from the Axiom forums, "Hsu STF-2, Hsu VTF-3, and SVS PB1+" (1 Viewer)

Even though it's a beauty...I still don't think the Rosewood VTF passes the SAF. It's too bold still. It needs to blend in. The SVS subs do that REALLY well.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
That VTF-3 Mark II Rosewood sure is purty... Actually, I have a plan... With me being a clusterf**k at anything domestic, All I will need to do is start showing her subwoofer kits, and the table saws I would need.... etc... She will ASK me to buy the new TN's...

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Yeah...I am not a big fan of the rosewood finish. A while back, I did see a sample maple finish that I really liked.

What are those, and where do the drivers face?

An empty bottle of JD...that could explain why you buy so many subwoofers. You're ripped!

:)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Actually, there is a guy on AV123 named drunkonjack, and he had a pair of these on order... so when posting a pic of the subwoofers, it seemed good to put a 1/2 empty bottle of his namesake there....

I only propose marriage when ripped, I never make serious decisions like ordering a subwoofer...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Craig...I forgot... the speakers firing into the back of the sofa... they are about 6 inches away... in fact, that is one of Poh Ser's favorite spots to put subs...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Craig - Even if they were, it would not matter. Simple question for you... Do Poh Ser Hsu and Tom Vodhanel design good subwoofers ?

I'll go out on a limb and say "yes"?

Though sorry to say I don't know who Tom Vodhanel is. (too lazy to google search right now)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
HE is co-owner of SVS ... and If the two company's subwoofers can fire down to the floor, and sound great... a couch won't affect much. Afterall, a 25 Hz Signal's wave length is more than 45 feet long...

It looked like in the picture that there was NO space between the sub and the couch. Upon closer inspection I see that there is. It would certainly make a difference if there was ZERO space. :)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Paul, Most of the rooms Mark works in are huge... some at 20,000 ^3 feet... and his designs are powerful... you can find out a lot of info regarding Mark's products on servodrive.com... it is far easier in a smaller room for Eq to work well.

I am glad you like your VTF-3 so well... of course, what would I know about its performance.

I can tell from the tone of your posts we won't be chatting much... take care.

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
:confused:
What did I say to upset you?
The carpet thing was only a joke. I am sorry if I offended you by saying that.

PC

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The HSU fanboys are moving onto this forum like a swarm of Cicadas. SVS fanboys beware. Pretty soon the entire speakers section is going to look like a PS2 v. XBox thread. :D Who needs objectivity when you have two groups with unyielding convictions? Without sounding overtly critical, next time you should actually listen to them Craig, not just judge them by how steep the kickbacks are. Making up all that data was pure brilliance though, it really sold the "review" even though it did jump around a bit. Thats just my opinion though.:cool:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Jed... You do have to admit, the authentic looking charts were a really nice touch....;)

I will let you know what color the new Ferrari will be... I have the vanity plates picked out... "ICANBBOT" and "RVW4SALE"

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
i think he misread or misinterpreted the tone of one of your posts way back in the thread, actually, and has reacted defensively and with a bit of animosity to each of your posts since then.

unfortunate bit of a misunderstanding, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks