Thread from the Axiom forums, "Hsu STF-2, Hsu VTF-3, and SVS PB1+"

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Matt_Smi, May 27, 2004.

1. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

A little off topic here but what was your impression of the CHT-15 compared to the VTF-3MK2 in a nutshell Paul? I think I have a fairly good idea with having ran a couple of ct-150's in the past??

2. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru
    Supporter

Craig
    Paul, There is nothing funny about my room. I have about 40 e-mails from Dr. Hsu about the frequency sweeps. The first thing he asked me (about 20 times) is how carefully I measured the subwoofer's position within the room.

I am glad your room has no effect on sound quality, and also that your rectangular room allows you to have a mirror image.

It is clear you need no measuring equipment with those fantastic ears.

Keep up the GOOD work ! I have not seen this level of thorough research and methodology ever.

3. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

I've got a symmetrical, rectangular room, and my experience has been that the right and left front corners definitely load the room differently. So I'm not sure Paul's logic is correct. Unless you measure how the sub loads the room at different frequencies, it's risky to assume that since the room is symmetrical it will have the same response in two different corners.

4. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

But there is something funny about your carpet.[​IMG]

5. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru
    Supporter

Craig
    Tony... There sure is. It is amazing my system is any better than a Bose sysyem. But someday I might get a clue about this whole audio thing.