What's new

Thoughts on "DRIVEN". (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
For the reasons that Paul mentioned I actually do think they were on to something with this story.

Where it went wrong is anyone's guess. They had an interesting situation and decent characters with more than one side (except maybe Burt's).

But how in the hell do you make the RACING the WORST PART of a racing picture??? And why the CGI for so much anyway? Renny, did you SEE Super Speedway?

I mean there were times when they could have equally not used CGI but did anyway, like the manhole cover flying by Stallone's car.

This CGI work was wretched. Really awful.

And on top of that, and the missing paramedics, stupid story change about 2/3 into it, dumb "loaded the show cars with fuel, now let's race in the streets but no cops will arrest us" bullshit...they put in the worst crashes of all time.

I thought Stallone was a big racing fan. When was the last time you saw a CART or IRL car not DISINTEGRATE on contact. Yet we have one flip into the air and then get RAMMED hundreds of feet into a pond, still in one piece mostly. Ask Gordon Smiley or Alex Zinardi if that's how it works. Sheesh.

Luckily they changed fuel mixtures so that it would burn orange for this season, even though in real life the scariest moments are those invisible fuel fires in the pits. Why go with real drama when you can have some horrible fake drama instead.

Easily in my top 10 worst films of the year. Moreso because it COULD HAVE been good based on the basic idea Stallone was working with. Next time get a good director to start with.

BTW, let me plug the IRL who just got Penske AND Rahal back at Indy. The end of the divide (at least at Indy) is on the horizon. YAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks