What's new

Those of us into the "extra" soundfields... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
In two of my theatres I've set up either height(main) or wide(living room).With the coming advent of Atmos...How many of us will incorporate speaker switch boxes to accommodate Atmos with existing height/width?Keeping in mind, I'm eyeing the Onkyo 3030.Facts:11 speaker terminals.Has "new" Onkyo Width.Still includes IIz. How many of you are planning to include Atmos with either width or height(as it is now)?Early ideas I have(although till I have it to play with it...and doubt the manual will cover attempts to use more than 1 soundfield set up at a time)...1. Use speaker speaker switch boxes to have wide, height and Atmos front all wired at the same time.2. Depending how nice the various preouts/speaker terminals work together, frequent visits to the set up menu. This is prompted by not knowing how well DTS/DTS HD will work with Atmos...and the fact there are SACD/DVD-A/BD Audio discs I already own that sound great in "wide"...along with certain movies(Curious Case of Benjamin Button being just one).Anybody else jumping hoops for the upcoming soundfield choices?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm kinda stuck in 2009 :wacko: . Still have two 5.1's. I've thought about Front Heights in my livingroom, especially when I was using Infinty Beta's in there as I have several Pair's of OSW-1 on-wall speakers that match the tonal quality of the Beta's just fine. But I recently bought three MB Quart Vera centers (maple) and the last pair of bookshelves (elsberry-cherry )I could get and I won't find anything that comes close to those. Maybe I could use some QLC 104's?

003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks