What's new

Thor (2011) Discussion/Review Thread (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
He might not have directed any "fantasy" films per se but by his acting choices there seems to be some interest with Wild Wild West and Harry Potter to his credits.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Not so much any more. I wouldn't mind them dropping all the thees and thous, as JMS has done. If it is truly set in past Asgard, I wouldn't mind them consulting with Matt Fraction--opposite to my position on his being consulted for Iron Man. He actually has done a smashing job on the Thor stories from that era.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'd prefer they talk to Walt Simonson. His Thor credentials carry much more weight with me than Fraction's
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Marvel Studios and Paramount Extend Distribution Agreement - Superhero Hype!

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios today announced an agreement under which Paramount will distribute Marvel's next five self-produced feature films on a worldwide basis. The deal, an extension of the original agreement made by Brad Grey when he arrived as CEO and Chairman of Paramount Pictures, includes theatrical distribution in foreign territories previously serviced by Marvel through local distribution entities (Japan, Germany, France, Spain and Australia/New Zealand). The distribution pact capitalizes on Marvel and Paramount's successful efforts with Iron Man, which has grossed $574 million worldwide for Marvel.

The highly anticipated live action releases include Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010), Thor (July 16, 2010), The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011), and The Avengers (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes Iron Man 3.

"Coming off of 'Iron Man's' incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Marvel's iconic brand, its popular characters and its proven ability to create compelling and visually spellbinding films complement Paramount's great history of filmmaking. We look forward to a long and successful run together."

"Paramount is an excellent partner and an outstanding global distributor," said David Maisel, Chairman of Marvel Studios. "Through our experience on 'Iron Man,' Paramount has demonstrated a passion and ability to release Marvel properties theatrically, allowing us to focus on making great movies for the largest audience possible."

Marvel's Iron Man, starring Robert Downey Jr. and directed by Jon Favreau, was distributed by Paramount earlier this year and was one of the top films of 2008. The DVD, including a version in Blu-ray, will be released on September 30, 2008.

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
My girlfriend was his (HHH) prom date in high school. I'll have to see it 1000 times over. If he gets the role that is.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I guess I'm really more interested in seeing him taken far away from Iron Man. Favreau has already met with him several times, and I think Fraction's doing a bad job on that book. I wish he could be removed from that to work on something he can do better. JMS has done even more interesting things with the character, but he's not working in the suggested time frame. Not that he couldn't.

I don't even know that Simonson is in the entertainment field at all any more.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, he still works regularly. He drew an Elric miniseries for Michael Moorcock a couple of years ago, and he's the writer on DC/Wildstorm's World of Warcraft series.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

So that's finally official now? It's about time.
And yes, Thor should be a very bombastic, over the top comic movie. That'll scare off any regular viewer who thinks every comic book movie should be realistic :D. Wouldn't know how they would make this one realistically anyway.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I'm still on the edge about Thor. He just doesn't fit the classic superhero type.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Don't know the guy at all, and I don't think I can judge him from that one pic properly. Looking at his face I'd say he would be better as Captain America, though. But Marvel is probably going with a well-known actor for that role.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Eh. Can't say I'm against him since I haven't seen much of his work. Didn't particularly care for him in Star Trek. My only problem is that he isn't as exciting as some of the other names that'd been rumored for the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks