What's new

This Never Happened to the Other Fella! (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Very cool story, Reed.

Most of the Moore films were cheesy. IMO, the best was For Your Eyes Only, followed by The Man With The Golden Gun. While Live and Let Die had its moments, the Smokey and the Bandit moments killed it. Great theme song, though. ;)

Oh yes, all the Moore films were incredibly cheesy, he almost killed the Bond franchise.

And that ridiculous flip of the AMC Hornet in "The Man With the Golden Gun". Why would they choose an AMC car. Everything AMC put out, Pacer, Gremlin, etc. is easily top of the list for "UGLY". Bond normally drove nice, flashy cars, the Hornet doesn't qualify.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, he "almost killed the Bond franchise"--after seven largely successful movies. I'm sure the eighth would have done them in. :)

He was too callow for Live and Let Die and too old for A View to a Kill. But Spy, a frequently witty and perfectly delightful adventure, suited him to a T--it may or may not be "Bond," but I can't think of an entry with more pleasurable elements. Barbara Bach and that wonderfully opulent production design just for starters...taking its cue from its success, Moonraker attempted to do the same, but it couldn't be replicated.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, he "almost killed the Bond franchise"--after seven largely successful movies. I'm sure the eighth would have done them in. :)

He was too callow for Live and Let Die and too old for A View to a Kill. But Spy, a frequently witty and perfectly delightful adventure, suited him to a T--it may or may not be "Bond," but I can't think of an entry with more pleasurable elements. Barbara Bach and that wonderfully opulent production design just for starters...taking its cue from its success, Moonraker attempted to do the same, but it couldn't be replicated.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kind of an odd post, but I was a projectionist for about five years, long, long time ago.

We were playing "For Your Eyes Only", I'd start the movie and stand in the back, listening to Sheena Easton, hundreds of times. I never got tired of it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FYEO is the best of the Moore Bond flicks. It is the only one where he plays the character, for the most part, seriously. It is also the only one where the humour was toned down and did not turn the film into a comedic cheesefest. Moonraker was abysmal. The other one that comes close to matching it in being horrid was AVTaK. I used to think Moonraker was the worst, but now I am undecided on which of those two rank as the worst.

i agree with Scott Merryfield regarding TMwtGG. That film takes a lot of flak as being a bad Moore Bond film, but I think it is one of his better ones, behind FYEO.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Regarding the original post. You have a pretty good eye. I would not have recognized him if he had stood right beside me. Congrats on your chance meeting with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks