What's new

This just in: Universal TV news! (1 Viewer)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Beavis & Butthead might have started the TV shows on DVD but X-Files started the TV shows released in season-by-season format.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Eugene, there is no doubt in my mind that X-Files is the daddy of the modern tv-on-dvd release format.
However, the subject was "who is the grandaddy?", and the answer given was ST:TOS. Okay, fine...seems right. But I was looking for the rest of the family tree, going back a few generations! :D

Very happy to hear that The Rockford Files is on the way - an excellent show with a likeable cast and good stories. I agree with others who have said it would be good to see Six Million Dollar Man, Kung Fu and The Incredible Hulk. How about Starsky & Hutch as well - or at least the pilot and the first season - I remember that as being pretty good before the network toned it all down.

The one thing that concerns me is the degree, if any, of remastering. I've got Season One of MASH & it's pretty clear that it hasn't been digitally remastered - at least if the frequency with which people's flesh colours change between shots in the same scene is any example. It would be nice to think that these shows would get top notch treatment but I suppose the studios would argue that the cost outweighs the projected sales. Actually I suspect that's something of a false argument anyway since the cost of a full scale restoration would be recouped through future syndication sales using the new remasters. Shame, really.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I can hold my silence no longer.

I have to ask about........BJ AND THE BEAR! Yes, you heard me, BJ and the BEAR.

I have not seen this show in 22 years at least, and there are no bears in the show at all, but Kristine DeBell is so hot and so is the monkey.

Does Universal still own the home video rights?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is it wrong to be a little "disappointed" that Quantum Leap had such a short first season? I'm looking forward to buying this series, but I'm afraid the first set won't be very satisfying at only eight episodes. It won't be a real problem unless there is a long wait between sets, I guess. Anyone else feel this way?

At any rate, I can't wait for the fifth season. Though I was an avid fan, I only managed to see about half of season 5. I missed the "evil leaper" episodes, for one thing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Actually, that's a great point, Chris! I still hope the second set will come out real fast (though, Star Trek: TNG fast is probably too much to ask), but you're right it'll save me some money! :D

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yes it was indeed an HBO show. It ran from 1990 to 1996 and was 6 seasons in length. This was probably hbo's first critically acclaimed series. I would love to be able to watch the adventures of Martin Tupper on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks