What's new

This is Jack Briggs, and I am homeless. (1 Viewer)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Good point, but ultimately some sort of update would seem considerate.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Wow. Just caught up on this thread. It was an amazing read with a cliffhanger ending. I was all ready to send money and now...

I really pray that we hear from Jack soon and that it has a happy ending.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess there is no way to see what is still in that PayPal account from someone here that helped Jack set it up. Or if someone puts additional money in it now is it possible to know if and when it was used/spent?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Hmm, I think I'll keep an eye on this very curious thread.
I have some very strong personal thoughts, but I'll just keep them to myself and wait and see where it goes from here.

One thing I will say however is that there are some very caring, very kind and wonderfully generous members on this forum.
Makes me feel proud to be a member.

Doug.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Doug Bull said:
One thing I will say however is that there are some very caring, very kind and wonderfully generous members on this forum.
Makes me feel proud to be a member.
Me too, Doug.

I can't help but agree with Barry above that an update would be considerate. But, we continue to wait to hear from Jack.

We are hoping for the best for him...and hope his silence is an indication that he has been busy acclimating to his new surroundings.

Just so people here are aware, I continue to reach out to him via e-mail on a fairly regular basis.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And, I've heard something. :thumbsup:

The good news is that Jack e-mailed me this afternoon and that he is fine.

The bad news is that his attempt to relocate in Nashville did not go as hoped. He called the trip a "bust."

I wish I had more to report...but there just isn't much more to say at this juncture until I hear more from Jack.

Thanks for understanding.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update Mike. I kind of feared that, but at least he is alive, and that's important.

I know if I were in his shoes, money donated from HTF friends and acquaintances, only to have the move blow up...I'd kinda be reluctant to stick my head in here again too. I just hope he understands that the money wasn't supposed to guarantee some sort of outcome, that we're glad he at least gave it a shot to better his situation. No matter the outcome, glad to hear he's still vertical.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Thanks, Mike, for not giving up to get in contact with Jack.
I fully agree with Carlo: we gave some money to help Jack, not to get back a certain result.
It's too bad it didn't work out as hoped (immediately). Perhaps there are more chances.

Jack, if you read this: stay in touch with your friends here, please, if you feel like doing that.

Cees

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Carlo Medina said:
Thanks for the update Mike. I kind of feared that, but at least he is alive, and that's important.I know if I were in his shoes, money donated from HTF friends and acquaintances, only to have the move blow up...I'd kinda be reluctant to stick my head in here again too. I just hope he understands that the money wasn't supposed to guarantee some sort of outcome, that we're glad he at least gave it a shot to better his situation. No matter the outcome, glad to hear he's still vertical.
I couldn't have said it any better, Carlo. Jack, if you are still checking in, please let us know how you are doing. Mike, thank you for your perseverance and letting us know Jack is okay.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Thanks for the update, Mike/Jack. I'm so happy to hear that you, Jack, are still with us, and very sad that things have not worked out better for you, yet.

Please keep us posted. Speaking only for myself, my relief at hearing from you outweighs my disappointment in the current outcome. Of course, it's easy to say that, sitting in my house, with a full belly. I only hope that you can stay strong and focus on trying to find a better result.

Good Better Luck.

JD

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Cees Alons said:
Thanks, Mike, for not giving up to get in contact with Jack.I fully agree with Carlo: we gave some money to help Jack, not to get back a certain result.It's too bad it didn't work out as hoped (immediately). Perhaps there are more chances.Jack, if you read this: stay in touch with your friends here, please, if you feel like doing that.Cees
I agree wholeheartedly with Cees and the others. I'm so sorry things did not work out in Nashville.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mike, thanks so much for keeping the lines of communication open. Probably nothing I can say that hasn't already been said here, except that I'm glad he's fine, and sorry that it hasn't worked out yet. I sincerely hope that there's a bit of good luck somewhere not too far in his future. I can barely imagine what any of this must be like, and it must have been so hard to reach out to Mike to report that things hadn't gone as planned. I'm grateful to have heard something from him via your posting, disappointed at the world for it not having worked out better, and not in the least upset with Jack. I truly hope that something better is just around the corner for him.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I don't know Jack at all, but have thought of him and his situation often. Those of us who are more fortunate must never take anything for granted. Maybe it's because today is 9/11 that I am especially appreciative of what I have but I felt compelled to post a shout out to Jack if he's reading letting him know he's still in my prayers and best wishes go out to him for better days ahead.

Stay strong, Jack, and keep the faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks