This is interesting

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Douglas Monce, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

2. RDarrylR

RDarrylR Stunt Coordinator

It is interesting but i don't see details on the video quality. If it's just SD Divx files then it doesn't relate much to hi-def.

3. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Interesting indeed although I would probably still prefer to buy prepackaged, pressed media rather than burn my own unless the price diff is big. Also, yeah, it's not clear whether they're only talking about SD video -- considering the target pricing range, it sounds like they might only be talking about SD video even though they mentioned burning to BDs.

_Man_

4. Ryan-G

Ryan-G Supporting Actor

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

You also have to go through some hoops (enter the Divx registration number on your player- always wondered what that was for) and burn some sort of file that will allow the player to play the movies- and then they'll only be playable on THAT player (sounds like that OTHER thing with the same name that was out briefly!) Prices are much too high too- I wouldn't pay more than $2 for this, and even then it would have to be something I couldn't find at a store.

I like how the "latest comment" on the site right now is some guy saying "Just rent it for $1 at Redbox and (do that very naughty thing that they don't like us talking about here)".