This area is is sore need of a STARGATE thread. Here it is!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jeff Rogers, May 17, 2006.

1. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I always see 24 , Battlestar Galactica,Lost and co. all over this place.

Lets talk about the most butt-kicking shi fi show around.

You guys turned me on to this show... watching every season in a span of 5 months..

I am 5 episodes from being all caught up to date. I am eagerly awaiting season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.

I read an article that they are considering a new movie as well as launching a 3rd series. Whats everyone take on this?

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I love Stargate, just as you say, not often threads here, so I don't comment as much. Back a couple years ago, I didn't really like the series, I always liked the movie, and thought the series was a cheap rip-off of the movie, with different actors. Of course I had never really watched it. Then my wife wanted to start watching Atlantis, when it was advertised as first coming out. So I began taping that, and SG-1, and watching, and became hooked. Then got the DVD's and watched the other seasons in order. I still like it a lot, although to a small extent, I can say I enjoy Seasons 1-7 more than the newer stuff, I guess because of the team dynamics of Daniel, Jack, Sam and Teal'c.

3. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

A quick search would have resulted in two threads focused on Stargate and Atlantis restively. Perhaps the fact that the shows are between seasons is why the threads aren't active right now.

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Actually, they weren't very active even during the last season. A couple posts per episode, average.

5. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

The title of the thread is "This area is is sore need of a....." We have them and they don't get many posts, so what's the point of creating another thread that won't get many posts?

By the way I’ve watched the show since it’s Showtime days and continue to enjoy it.

6. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

Well, I just finiished season 9 of SG-1

Overall I would give it 7. It had its ups and downs. Started off pretty well and then got boring for a few filler episodes. That last 3 were pretty much on the ball though.

I give them credit for trying something new with the whole "merlin, camelot angle " That was an unconventional arc that was ok.

They did put some money in that last 5 minutes though. Special effects were damn good.

I wonder where they are going with this story though.

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I wouldnt say it is a kiss ass Sci Fi series on TV but I do keep trying to get into it especially since Ben and Claudia are on it now.

8. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

Oh please please please let there be a movie!

I liked the orginal movie. I like the whole series now. And I think a movie would be terrific. But I just don't think it would do very well in the money department. I hope I am wrong though.

9. Peter f

Peter f Stunt Coordinator

Season 10 Premieres July 10th...looking forward to it. I usually DVR a few epsisodes and watch 2-3 at a time...good show...along with Atlantis

Jaffa Kree!

10. Valerie G.

Valerie G. Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I think the new season starts on July 14th. But either way, I can hardly wait! Especially for Atlantis, I really want to see how that turns out!

[​IMG]

11. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I don't have cable, so I watch the show in syndication, which is (I think) a year behind. So I normally don't look at Stargate threads to avoid spoilers. (Perhaps others are in the same situation and don't read/post for the same reason.)

12. Valerie G.

Valerie G. Stunt Coordinator

Yes, you're right about the episodes in syndication being a year behind. I used to be in the same boat....no cable, and watching the episodes in syndication. But I got cable about a year ago, and somehow I managed to catch up, so now for the first time ever, I'll be able to watch the new episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis when they first air on Sci-Fi.

But back to the original point....I used to avoid all the Stargate threads and websites too, because I didn't want to see any spoilers. I think alot of people who watch the episodes in syndication probably do the same thing.

13. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

My wife and I had to cut back on cable for our budget, so we lost the Sci-Fi channel. However, her sister, who lives a couple doors down from us, still has it, so we're saving for a DVR to get her, so we can record all the Friday night Sci-Fi shows, including Stargate.

14. Arild

Arild Supporting Actor

Same here, although for me, SG-1's cliffhanger had much more of a "Holy shit, we're screwed!" kind of feeling. Looks like both Stargate teams are gonna have their hands full when the season begins. [​IMG]