What's new

Thinking of getting RTI10's (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys
A couple of questions if anyone can help!

I currently own Athena Audition series (AS B2) Bookshelf speakers which are good sounding speakers but they have absolutly no punch whatsoever bass wise. Also since I have to buy some speaker stands now for them and my Dayton amp for my subwoofer died. I am looking for tower speakers that have some punch and some bass. Which would solve both problems.

I've been looking at the Polk RTI10's which are on sale now for 500$ or the Energy C500's for 300$. Which to me sounds like a steal both have great reviews. I'd be powering them with a Pioneer 1014.
Is that sufficient power to drive the Polks alone? I've heard they are power hungry and need to be driven with a good preamp to sound good.

I currently also have an Athena center channel speaker and I know its best to match your center with the front speakers but for budget reasons i cannot right away but I'm sure any of the RTI centers or any of the same series Energy speakers would match well.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The RTi10's for $500 is a great deal but I've also heard they need lots of power and are really 4 ohm speakers. Since you're using a 1014 ( a nice older receiver but not for 4 ohm speakers) I'd consider the Energy 500's and use the $200 you save on another sub. And since you already have an Athena center you can get the LS-500's for the same $300 from AudioAdvisor.com (+ shipping) But I suspect the Energy's are a little bit better of a speaker. In any event, whatever you buy I still recommend you use a sub. Even with the RTi10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks