What's new

Thinking of buying the Denon AVR-2112CI.... (1 Viewer)

RJ831

Agent
Real Name
Ramon
I was all set to buy this for the price of $649.00 from Vanns.com but then I saw it here --> http://www.powersellernyc.com/Catalog/View/106406 for only 545.00!! I'm kinda skeptical because this price is crazy cheap for this product. What do you guys think?? I am planning on getting the 2 year warranty as well. I just wanted to get some input from some of you experts. Also, do you guys have any recommendations on where I can buy a good set of speakers for a good price (recommended websites)? I'm starting to build my home theater system now that I got a new place. Thanks in advance!!!! :cool:

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Denon won't honor the warranty if bought from an un-authorized dealer. Here's a list of authorized dealers. http://usa.denon.com/US/WhereToBuy/Pages/OnlineETailers.aspx If you plan on getting it from Powersellersnyc then get that extended warranty. Ac4l.com has a refurbished 2112 for $399 + sh. Add a SquareTrade warranty for extra insurance and you're still ahead. What's the actual budget for speakers? We like Internet Direct brands like SVS, HSU, Axiom, Aperion, AscendAcoustics, etc. Newegg .com has good prices on Polk Monitors and Frys (in-store) has been running sales lately on the last generation Polk RTi's. Also check the Clearance centers at Vanns and OneCall. TigerDirect, WorldWideStereo (sometimes), ElectronicsExpo, 6ave, JR, SaturdatAudio, AudioInsider, AudioAdvisor, walk into BestBuy-Magnolia or Frys and ask them to make you a deal. Build your own from kits or plans from partsExpress.com http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=769 http://www.parts-express.com/project-gallery/speaker-projects/

RJ831

Agent
Real Name
Ramon
Thank you sir!! That's exactly what I was looking for. Have a good week!

RJ831

Agent
Real Name
Ramon
So after talking to my wife (!!), my budget looks like it's between 1000.00 - 1200.00 for speakers. What do you think Gene? Could I get some good speakers for this price. I'm looking for some speakers that will be good for music and movies. I've seen some of the higher ended stuff but spending more than 5,000 is just a little too much for me. Thanks!!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You can get a pretty good speaker/subwoofer system for $1000-$1200. Bookshelves offer the best value since much of the cost of a speaker is in the cabinet. But we all seem to love towers. So do I. Try and stick with a real subwoofer manufacturer if you can. SCS, Lava, ElementalDesigns, etc. The subwoofer doesn't have to come from the same place as the speakers. In the $300-$500 range I usually just recommend the best value of the month. But at that price range you really need to do some homework and try and figure out what type of sound you like. Soft and warm, bright and dynamic or neutral and natural. What I like might not be what you like. You can get a consensus of what different speakers sound like from reading on-line reviews. But there's no substitute for hearing them for yourself. This is where AperionAudio really shines. They will pay for shipping...both ways. You don't like them? Send them back. On their dime.

punman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dwayne
If you are dealing with Vanns - I got a great deal on KEF speakers they were clearing out three years ago. They sound great with my Denon 2311 Cl. I don't know what they have for KEFs this year. Not on sale - kind of pricey but - on sale, I find to be a great value.

RJ831

Agent
Real Name
Ramon
Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I'll start doing my homework. :D

AndrettiDog

Auditioning
Real Name
Lance
Gene was a good source in helping me pick out my stuff. I don't have it yet, it is on the way as I type! I went with the following speakers... Polk Monitor 70's (tower) Polk Monitor 30's (shelf surround) Polk C2 center I haven't picked out the sub yet but I'm looking at a Dayton. All of that together was around $800. So you should be able to step it up more if you have a $1000+ budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks