What's new

Thinking about getting a projector... (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Looks like my chair and ceiling mount arrived earlier today. The projector came yesterday. Hopefully I can have everything up and running tonight.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I know this thread has branched off into alot of different topics for HT gear, but I wanted to report back that I love the screen I got (Draper Luma 106inch 16x9). Thanks Matt for the link and the heads up on it!

I think my Parkland Plastic DIY job from 2 years ago might have been a little more reflective (brighter). This one seems like it's gain is zero if that's even possible. But I love it and love the real 16x9 screen. The 4x8 DIY was great, but I hated having to adjust the image size on the projector for different aspect ratios. This is virtually plug and play. I did bump the color one notch and the brightess up one too. Otherwise the same settings.

Still want to add some wider black border like my DIY screen had but all in good time.

:)

John S

Senior HTF Member
Great thread here.

I find myself hanging for Matt's next post.

Really cool for those of us that still use RP displays thinking of converting to FP.

Matt? Are you watching/rewatching to many movies?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
John, can't speak for Matt...but I know when I got my FP 2 years ago, I re-discovered many great films again from my collection. Even films that are mostly dialogue driven and not any real fancy fx stuff take on a new life when projected to a big screen. Fun stuff seeing these films again that way.

The grin factor was in full force. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks