What's new

Things to do near Reno, NV (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I am going to Reno in two weeks for some kind of conference there and flying out on a friday to hang out over the weekend... What are intereesting dayhikes in and around Reno/Lake tahoe to check out this time of year. Not bringing my snowshoes or crampons so something that isn't needing those would be nice. But I will have two days to wander and wondering some nice hikes in the area and outside that, interesting things to do and see outside gambling.. Jay

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've always hiked other places - too crowded for me there. But friends who live in South Lake Tahoe recommend the west side of the lake trails. There are quite a few between Emerald Bay on the lake and Fallen Leaf Lake, west of Hwy. 89. See inter alia http://www.tahoevacationguide.com/Activities/hiking.html

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well I kind of doubt it will be that crowded on the trails, but what do I know. it's too early to be major ski season and there is probably some snow at elevation now. I will probably pack the crampons and rent snowshoes... I'm looking at hiking sections of the Tahoe rim Trail, the 165 mile trail that goes around lake Tahoe.. My map arrives soon! Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks