What's new

Things I've noticed about HTF since returning. (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
BTW, just how many mods are there now at HTF? Just curious.

I think it's currently eight. In no special order: RAF, Cees, Crawdaddy, Patrick, me, Gregg, Joe DeMartino, Mike Frezon.

(If I've left anyone out, I apologize in advance.)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
So Adam Barratt is gone. Too bad; I liked him. And Steve Simon is gone, too, huh? However, at eight mods, with the current level of activity, that works out pretty well.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Like you, Jack, Adam had some other things happening in his life (notably, marriage ).

Steve still drops by.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I guess most move on but its still one of my sites to visit routinely as all my PCs have it bookmarked.

The layout has changed and although I find that it seems to change more often, I still can manage.

On another note, most of the guys that have posted here have been members for more than 10 years..including myself. I am glad a lot of us truly value this site.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Nice to see you around these parts again, Jack.

I have noticed a decrease in responses to my reviews, but I just assumed it was because my opinions have finally become as irrefutable as I always imagined they were.

Regards,

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
Hi, I don't post much but I do read the forum everyday and value each and everyone's opinion. I have learned so much since I began reading a few years ago. My husband used to be the HT guru in the house. But with the knowledge that I have gathered on these pages I now have the same enthusiasm that he has with home theater. We both enjoy OUR hobby together!
Best Regards to all!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm fairly new here, and I try to read way more than I post -- in the certain knowledge that I have more to learn than to yap about. The high standards of the place were apparent from day one, and I'm delighted with the company. I'm here to stay.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The high standards of the place were apparent from day one, and I'm delighted with the company.

Chas, FYI: Those, exactly, were my sentiments when I wandered onto the board back in June of 1999. The level of conversation was serious, the humor often wry -- I loved the place and started posting away. A year later, I had 2,000 posts to my credit and people would ask about when I had the time to do other things commonly associated with life.

I am glad to see that HTF continues to draw people who themselves are drawn to quality discussions.

(As an aside, I remember back in, oh, 2000 or 2001 a woman who started posting here so as to work on her "shyness." I recall being amazed that someone using the Internet could be shy about it. She was assured that she was welcome to post all she wanted to here. Then I never saw her on the boards again. Not sure if this anecdote has anything to do with the topic at hand, but I remembered it now for some reason.)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Bryan X

We joined a month apart, over 7 years ago. Time flies.

Yep, it sure does. But i cant imagine ever having the number of posts Jack, or Mike have. 15 to 20,000 posts...mind blowing. Bryan, to me, WE have a lot of posts!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
A year later, I had 2,000 posts to my credit and people would ask about when I had the time to do other things commonly associated with life.

When people ask me that I usually say, "Depends".

Regards,

Joe

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Even though posting is down a little bit it looks like the number of people viewing most forums is still pretty healthy. That's what I like about these internet forums. You aren't just helping the OP but a whole auditorium full of people. I bet more people benefit from the HTF than we realize.

Let's see. I'm at about 1.4 posts a day. Not too bad, unless you take away the ones full mindless pshychobabble, then.....

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"Hmm, sounds like time for a little Alan Parsons Project."

Now I can't stop thinking about the "Randy Disher Project." LOL!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Now I can't stop thinking about the "Randy Disher Project." LOL!

Thanks to you, now I can't either! ) Maybe not.

I watched them film a scene of Monk in S.F. through the window of a small office building a few years ago. I always liked that show. Nice show to watch after a really tough day. Kinda quirky. For some reason it reminds me of Crazy Like A Fox. Not sure why.

I'm at about 1.4 posts a day.

Actually, it's 1.1870078 posts per day. I'm scheduled to catch Mike Frezon on Oct 2, 2049 .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks