What's new

Thin Lizzy "Live & Dangerous" DVD At Last! (& there's more!) (1 Viewer)

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
L&D is due for release in the UK on 13th March '06
Details here: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=p...M&title=867299
Limited details:
Thin Lizzy's 1978 masterpiece is universally recognised as one of the greatest live albums of all time. This amazing live double set captured the classic Lizzy line up of Lynott, Gorham, Robertson and Downey at the very peak of their powers. All of the essential tracks from an amazing band were unleashed in a blistering razor sharp celebration of hard rock that has been rightly hailed as a rock masterpiece. This is the independent critical review of a masterpiece. Featuring rare archive interviews with Phil Lynott, Eric Bell, Philomena Lynott and stunning performances of the classic material
No mention of what audio (?)

If that's not exciting enough also released in UK on 27th March '06 is the Gary Moore & Friends Tribute to Phil Lynott
Details here: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=p...M&title=880748
Here are some specs:
On 20 August 2005, on what would have been his 56th birthday, a statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled in Dublin's Grafton Street by his mother. There to witness the event were members of Thin Lizzy from throughout the band's career. Later that evening they joined forces under the leadership of Gary Moore for a concert that paid tribute to Phil Lynott's memory. The core band of Moore, Jethro Tull bass player Jonathan Noyce and Thin Lizzy's one and only drummer Brian Downey were joined by the stellar guitar talents of Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and Eric Bell for a set of Lizzy and Gary Moore classics.

Tracklist:
1. Walking By Myself
2. Jailbreak
3. Don't Believe A Word
4. Emerald (feat' Brian Robertson)
5. Still In Love With You (feat' Brian Robertson)
6. Black Rose (feat' Scott Gorham)
7. Cowboy Song (feat' Scott Gorham)
8. The Boys Are Back In Town (feat' Scott Gorham)
9. Whiskey In The Jar (feat' Eric Bell)
10. Parisienne Walkways

Audio given as PCM Stereo / DD5.1 / DTS

"Are you ready to rock?" Paul :D

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
:emoji_thumbsup:

That's awesome! I have been listening to Live & Dangerous since Still in Love with You hit the airwaves in 1978. It is in constant rotation in cd player in my car.

Tim

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Tim - this DVD is not what I was hoping for after all - it appears it is one of those "making of the album" DVD's rather than the DVD of the concert :thumbsdown:
Still the Gary Moore DVD looks great :emoji_thumbsup:
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks