What's new

These $5 Blu-rays are a killin' me, I tell 'ya! (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I was at Best Buy when they opened today and happened across the BOND standee. I don't own the Bond 50 set so I splurged all the Bonds up to a couple of the Brosnan titles since those are far easier to find cheaper copies of later on. I like owning these titles in their own cases. 5.00 a title is a great deal for sure. I've missed the Bond 50 deal of the day sales or it was bad timing.
Osato said:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Powell&Pressburger said:
I was at Best Buy when they opened today and happened across the BOND standee. I don't own the Bond 50 set so I splurged all the Bonds up to a couple of the Brosnan titles since those are far easier to find cheaper copies of later on. I like owning these titles in their own cases.5.00 a title is a great deal for sure. I've missed the Bond 50 deal of the day sales or it was bad timing.
Nice work! I have the Bond 50 set, but I do appreciate having the films in their own cases too. It's one of the things that I have missed with the box set packaging. Not a huge deal, but still..

I see that most of the titles are now on backorder online. Good to know that the titles are available in store too.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I finally picked up Hang 'em High for just under $5. The transfer seems to be the bare minimum, but most of the movie looks OK, but the film definitely needed more digital clean up at least. It reminded me that this situation is now the norm, with most catalog titles looking "acceptable", and the pristine restored transfers are the exceptions.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I picked up sky captain and the world of tomorrow on blu Ray. I have it on DVD but the price was right to upgrade and I had a gift card. I also picked up the fugitive 20th anniversary blu Ray for $7.50. The original release of that title was $5 as well but I wanted the better transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks