What's new

The Yankees Will Not Be Denied! (1 Viewer)

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Hey Robert,
The Red SoxYankees hatredrivalry is one of those "balances of the universe" things...
Without it, the universe would crumble.
What's funny though (and really kind of cool) is that after a SoxYanks game is over with, the Yankees fans head to the same bars and the Red Sox fans (here in Boston) and actually, we all have a great time together.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
We already have another, older but still active thread that covers the baseball playoffs, do we really need another that takes up vital server resources? :)
------------------
[Edited last by Patrick_S on October 16, 2001 at 11:19 AM]

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping the Mariners will win it in 6 (I have tix for Games 1 & 6). Win or Lose, this should be a great series. The Division Series proved the M's and the Yankees deserve to be in the ALCS.
After that I am hoping the M's sweep the Braves (I have a ticket to Game 4 of the WS). :)
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
RicP,
grrrr.
Signed,
Tribe Fan
------------------
Chuck
http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

RicP

Screenwriter
Chuck,
I feel for you man. I was pulling hard for Cleveland but it was not to be. They put up a great fight and after that 17-2!! game I thought that they just might pull it off.
If it's any consolation...unless Minnesota is much improved next year, the Tribe shouldn't have much difficulty in winning their division again. :)
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this series. First I wanted the Yankees to win because I figured the M's had a better chance against them than the A's. Oakland has some wierd psychout ability against the M's. Seems like it's been that way since the old days. Then I just wanted to see the Yanks make the comeback because of the hard work they were putting in.
The ALCS is looking to be one hell of a series. Two teams who refuse to lose when it's all on the line. These are promising to be some truly fantastic ballgames.
May the best team, that'd be the M's for those keeping score
wink.gif
, win.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
In my opinion the true "World Series" just concluded between Oakland and NY.
Well, you better celebrate that then, because the M's are going to be the team in the real World Series.
I'm sick of the damn Yankees and their buying ways. I really wish that MLB would instate a salary cap so we could do away with the buying of championships.
I'm glad they won their series though, because I think the M's match up better against them and also will feel they have more to play for against the Yankees. (Who we took 6 of 9 from during regular season, by the way.) Redemption for last years post season booting always seems to work.
I'm hoping for a M's vs D-Backs Series. Something that I was predicting and hoping for early this season. But if it just happens that the Yankees play the Braves, I won't even bother to watch the games. Cause I'm sick to death over both of these teams.
I think the Yankees run is finally over. Well at least until next year, when they buy the services of Bonds, Giambi or another high priced free agent. The Bastards.
p.s. I hate the freaking Lakers too.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I love bitterness and jealously, it's so...real.
laugh.gif

The greatest city of all time should have the greatest team
of all time, it's rather poetic.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks