What's new

The Yamaha HTR 5760 compared to the Denon AVR 2105 (1 Viewer)

Andy Kramer

Agent
Hey Guys,
Ok well im finally going to do my upgrade ive been planning for a while! I have narrowed it down to two models. The Yamaha HTR 5760 or the Denon AVR 2105. I read the specs on them both and can see the differences, but i wanted to see if anyone out there has one of these receivers and what do they think about it. I have full range speakers for my whole system, they are all yamaha speakers, nsxt 100's rear channels, ns 777 front channel, and the ns 222 center, and of course the sub is a jbl e250p. Decent speakers still hooked up to an old Panasonic SA HE 100 6.1 surround receiver. It is definitly showing its age, so im taking the plunge. Any suggestions? I am leaning more toward the Yamaha end of the spectrum because i always felt it sounded more fuller and richer in sound. But i wouldnt mind going with a Denon being it would be worth the extra 200. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for any replies! Ill be checking back

Cya
Andy Kramer

I have had the Denon 2105 since it came out a couple of months ago and it is a wonderful reciever. I am running B&W 300 series fronts, center and sub and I can usually only turn it up to -20 DB and that is plenty loud enough especially during well done DTS tracks like "House of Flying Daggers". I also use the component inputs for my DVD players and I do not see any degredation of the signals. My gf parents have the Yamaha you are wanting and while it is a fine reciever in its own rights it did not seem to have as full a sound as the Denon. All in all this is a great reciever and I highly recommend it.

Andy Kramer

Agent
Thanks guys for your posts!
I ended up getiing the AVR 2105!!! I put it through the ropes and i found the Yamaha to be more tinny and really cold sounding, for those that are reading this potentially. It all comes down to personal opinion. Thanks guys see ya in the forum.

Andy

MikeGee

Second Unit
I'd hope the Denon is better..
I got prices for both from 2 local stores around me
645$ for the 5760 and 900$ for the 2105. For that difference in price i'd hope there was a difference. The only thing i dont like about Denon was the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks