What's new

The X-Files Season One in HD on Netflix (1 Viewer)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I can confirm that S2 is back in 16:9 1080 HD on Netflix as of this evening. I just finished watching "Colony" and "End Game" and they looked spectacular. I checked the first episode of S3 — "The Blessing Way" — and it too is 16:9 1080 HD so I can only assume the rest of S3 is too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
As I moved into season 2, I was initially disappointed in going to 4x3 (I know, I know . . . OAR). I've quickly adjusted and, though not HD, the composition is very appealing with nice contrast and blacks. And, I'm hooked in now. I wanted to watch Falling Skies last night, but I said, "No way. Not when this is promising to be the wrap up of the Duane Barry storyline (One Breath)!"
The second season is my favorite year of the series. Those episodes are a big reason for that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Re: questrider, yep, Firewalker was HD for me last night. Zany, is what is is.

Re: Travis. The pacing has been spectacular. They kept Mulder and Scully apart long enough that it felt permanent, though we knew it wasn't. I liked how Mulder almost assumed the Deepthroat role when he met her along the Potomac. Then, you had the DB two-parter, followed by a case-of-the-week, and then the conclusion. They really earned it.

A current show I watch--Castle--often has moments of great upheaval, but they tend to discard the changes and return to the status quo within three episodes. It feels like a pointless sidetrack.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chee, it's taken longer than I'd have thought to make progress. I'm up to 3x14. A couple of days ago was War of the Coprophages. I despise roaches, so I thought of skipping it. Luckily, it was probably the funniest comedy episode they've done to this point. I loved how Scully had a logical explanation for every death. Syzygy, I didn't much like.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When I get to season 8 (I just watched "Emily" last night), do I need to alternate between TXF and The Lone Gunmen, or do they not interact (I know the TLG cliffhanger is wrapped up in season 9)? Is there anywhere to stream TLG?

Umm, is Millennium connected to TXF/necessary to watch?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When I get to season 8 (I just watched "Emily" last night), do I need to alternate between TXF and The Lone Gunmen, or do they not interact (I know the TLG cliffhanger is wrapped up in season 9)? Is there anywhere to stream TLG?

Umm, is Millennium connected to TXF/necessary to watch?
Beyond a couple of cameos, The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen don't really interact so you don't have to alternate between series while watching either one. Neither the Millennium or The Lone Gunmen crossover episodes require having seen those series because any information that the audience needs is given in exposition.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Millennium's kind of a mess anyway (no thanks to that weird series-killing non-cliffhanger in season 2).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Millennium's kind of a mess anyway (no thanks to that weird series-killing non-cliffhanger in season 2).
I loved Millennium (especially the S2 finale) but since they changed show runners every year, each season is so different that there's no continuity between years and that didn't help the series.

Fun fact: David Chase was just about to sign to showrun the second season of Millennium when HBO decided to do The Sopranos pilot.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Kill Switch felt like a mythology episode but wasn't. But it was an improvement. They didn't fool anybody with Mulder in the hospital, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is it okay that I'm a little in love with Dana Scully? Not necessarily Gillian Anderson, but definitely Scully.

Scully-in-hospital.jpg
Screenshot017-4.jpg

She looked so cute with that "mild scorching." And those blue eyes.

Anyway, won't be long until I have to Vudu the first movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I watched Three of a Kind last night and thought it was awesome. Then I read that it was tepidly received. I'm so out of touch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I trust your memory more than any other HTFer, and I'm not joking. Wiki has it listed as mixed reception, but only quotes a handful of sources. I knew D&D nerds back in my teens and this episode felt real because of that. Fun, cool little mystery, and Scully as the party girl was hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks