What's new

The WWE™ (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I about died laughing when the NWO dumped that coffee all over the poor coffee guy! Man, I love the WWF again! Stephanie MacMahon is frgging hot and what kinda roids is HHH on!? Did you guys see Flair on Smackdown going nuts and saying "whoo!!" I was dying!
I toast a Steveweiser to the WWF for making it the most enjoyable I've seen since the Undertaker still dressed in black and had Paul Bearer.
Oh ya...I agree the "what" chant has to be stopped ! ;)
BTW, Hogan turns 49 in August. (source, imdb.com)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that hot coffee scene was nice... the guy did a pretty good job of selling it and making it disturbing with his shrieks of pain. It's just the premise of having an official 'Coffee Checker' that I don't get??? :)
I call HHH 'Triple HGH' as in Human Growth Hormone.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I never said what is on now is good ;)
It was really good 3 years ago. What's on now is stale due to lack of competition.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Regarding Billy Kidman, he is still with the WWF, but is currently not on TV because he was part of the Alliance. I expect him to be back after the split, though. In the recent WWF Asian tour, he was Tajiri's opponent for the bulk of the tour. He recently got engaged to Torrie Wilson, although rumor has it their relationship hit a rocky spell before this due to her onscreen involvement and offscreen friendship with Tajiri.

Most of the WCW cruiserweights went to developmental territory, particularly the HWA based in Cincinnati. Lash Leroux, Elix Skipper, and quite a few others became staples there as "Above Average" Mike Sanders led his own WCW invasion (which lasted several months longer than the WWF one, and seemed to handled a bit more believably). While Lash & Elix were part of the big group that was cut, there are still a few left, including Jamie Knoble, and the real puny-looking guy from 3-Count. I'm sure they'll be brought up following the split, along with Mike Sanders. Big Vito has also been part of HWA for a while.

The HWA wrestlers I'm most looking forward to seeing hit the big time are the Island Boys. Imagine the old tag team the Islanders. Now imagine if they ate King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd. That's the Island Boys. Actually, the last time I saw them they appeared to have dropped a good amount of their weight, and put on a lot of muscle. They also have great moves for guys so big. I saw one match with them and Rikishi, and their total combined weight was well over 1200 lbs. I believe that they would definitely bring some excitement to the Tag Team division. Sure, Chuck & Billy are the current champs, but I think that was just done to give the Dudley & Hardy Boys a little rest before they started trading it back & forth again.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
On Byte This, Vince McMahon said that we can expect more cruiserweight action after the split. It's a shame that guys like Jerry Lynn, Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo (I loved their team), and Kaz Hayashi (he was the best wrestler to watch during those last WCW months) are gone. I had absolutely no idea they had a mini WCW invasion angle. I'm a big fan of Mike Sanders. In fact, I think I was the first person to make a sign for him: I had a "Mike Sanders is the commish and a god" sign at Nitro/Thunder, and he pointed it out to the camera man and Scott Hudson made a remark about it. Afterwards, I started seeing "Mike Sanders is a god" signs on the shows.

The Island Boys sound good. I kind of miss big men tag teams like Earthquake and Typhoon. Sounds like these guys can work well in the ring though.

~T

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, Ryan.

Splitting up Edge/Christian was inevitable. How many times can you watch the same 6 guys go through the same tables, fall off the same old ladders, and be hit by the same old chairs before it gets completely boring. We saw it at No Mercy 99, Wrestlemania 2000, Summerslam 2000, Wrestlemania X-7, and even on Smackdown. I loved the matches as much as anybody. They were all superb, but they couldn't keep topping themselves. Maybe, a Hell in a Cell, but that's about it. Anything more extreme, and one of them would probably end up in a wheelchair.

The WWF completely messed up the whole Edge/Christian singles pushes, but what with the whole crappy Invasion angle, McMahon lovefests, half the programming dedicated to Austin and/or Rock, and now the NWO, they got completely lost in the shuffle.

And it's not just them. Who out there actually cares about the Hardyz or Dudleyz? They're all talented wrestlers, but how the heck have they changed over the past 2 years? The tag division is completely stale, and I don't think Chuck/Billy are gonna revive it.

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
Billy and Chuck are good wrestlers, but the whole way the WWF have handled both B&C and E&C is rediculous. Thus far B&C have made little impression being tag team champs. It's almost like they are just there and no more, almost expected to lose their titles at Wrestlemania. I hope these guys last. It's a complete tradegy E&C aren't competiting in this year's Wrestlemania. It was too early to split them IMO. last year, we had an awesome tag team event.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Billy and Chuck are good wrestlers,
Chuck Palumbo is alright, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever put the wood "Billy" and "good wrestler" together in the same sentence. Billy Gunn is perhaps the single biggest piece of shit in the WWF in the last five years. He can't wrestle, he can't talk, all he can do is hurt people with his sloppy wrestling and greased up body. The WWF is mishandling Chuck Palumbo alright, they put him with the worst wrestler in the company. Hell, even Big Boss Man is entertaining compared to this guy.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
"even Big Boss Man is entertaining compared to this guy."
Let's not say things we can't take back.:D As bad as Billy is, was, and will forever be, at least he was never in the Kennel from Hell.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
That match (Kennel from Hell) was a great one..... for me to poop on!

Actually, I only saw it because Mick Foley mocked it out on his DVD... wow... and if they were serious about it, what does that say about the state of wrestling?

Jim

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That's such a great DVD. I would love to see a 2-3 DVD set covering his whole career.

I really hope No Way Out and Hell in a Cell and the Rumble matches are on DVD at some point soon

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The problem that WWF has to deal with is that they've done so much, they've gone to the extreme, in terms of angles and wrestling; everything they have done recently or will do will pale in comparison to the past.

I thought Christian held up well after the split of the tag team, but Edge didn't regardless of how he was pushed. I find him to be very dull in the ring.

I'm another member of the "I hate Billy Gunn" club. The only fan of Billy seems to be J.R. who always called him "the best pure athlete in the WWF."

Chuck is pretty good. I would've liked to have seen a few other NBT members like Sean O'Haire stay on TV.

That cage match with Bossman and Snow was so awful that it was comical.

Did anyone watch Weakest Link? I thought it was a lot more entertaining than the last WWF one, and this set of people seemed to do better. Bubba was surprisingly knowledgable (and funny), as I think he was the strongest link in all rounds; on the other hand, Steve Austin was worse than Booker T.

~T

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
HBO was promoting a new (?) season of Bob Costas's show and one of the clips was an interview with Vince McMahon.
I've read Costas's anti-WWF remarks before and the clip showed Vince acting very...well, pissed off and confrontational. I thought "DAMN! and I missed it!"
Nobody here probably has an idea if that particular show will be repeated anytime soon but does anyone know where I could find a transcript to that rather heated interview?

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone catch RAW?
It was great to see the nWo in action again. The biggest egos in wrestling all in the same ring! ;)
And the Hollywood Leg Drop was just too sweeeeeeeeeet!

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Here is the link for the transcript. HBO has it archived.
Vince vs Costas
Raw was wonderful last night.... best show in months. Although, I can't seem to stay awake during Smackdown anymore. Makes me want to spend the 39.95 for WM X-8

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought Raw was a bad show. There were some things that they did on the show that puzzled me.

I dreaded the NWO vs. Rock and Austin match because I felt it would spoil the Wrestlemania matches, especially the Hogan vs. Rock one. WWF exceeded my expectations. I thought that maybe there would be some foreign objects, some run-ins, a lot of teasing, etc, but basically it was a clean match. I can't believe they let Rock and Hogan wrestle against each other for that amount of time and to let Hogan get a clean win over Rock (I can't remember the last time Rock jobbing cleanly). It did absolutely nothing to promote the Wrestlemania matches. Before Raw, I had no idea whether Hogan or Rock will win, but I think it's safe to say who will now. Regardless of all of that, I thought the match was good. NWO guys didn't hold anything back, especially Nash.

I can't believe that with a week left to Wrestlemania, they centered the WWF championship angle around a dog. The dog crapping and getting run over by the limousine were absurd. Why give Triple H a serious injury a week before Wrestlemania? It would work better if they had done that a week or two ago.

The board meeting made no sense whatsoever. Before NWO arrived, McMahon wanted Flair to leave WWF to let McMahon gain control of it, Flair refused. Then because of that McMahon brought in the NWO to invade, poison, and kill the WWF. Now McMahon is trying to get WWF back again?

~T

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
WrestleMania is tonight. Here is the full 11 Match card:

Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho for the Undisputed WWF Title

Scott Hall vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair

RVD vs. William Regal for the WWF IC Title

Kane vs. Kurt Angle

A.P.A. vs. Hardy's vs. Dudley's vs. Billy and Chuck for the WWF Tag Team Titles

Lita vs. Trish vs. Jazz for the WWF Women's Title

Christian vs. DDP for the WWF European Title

Edge vs. Booker T.

Goldust vs. Maven for the Hardcore Title

I'm pretty excited about tonight. It's WrestleMania!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks