What's new

The "World Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship" (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Who cares about the World Series when you have the World Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship.

Click here at Yahoo for complete details. Are you practicing yet for next year's championship tournment?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh darn! I missed it..... Of course, RPS is boring when played by only two, they have yet to experience group RPS competitions. Try playing RPS with groups of 6 or more! Now there is some strategy...

Jay

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
To achieve the lofty title of World RPS Champion, he threw a combination of rock-paper-paper, defeating his opponent's offering of three rocks.
Who would go with 3 rocks in a row? That's just asking to lose. Man, even I could have walked off with the $5000.00 prize money....

:D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
James, yes the War thing was an odd site to see, but I guess it makes about as much sense as any other card game...Now imagine if they ever introduced "Slap Jack". :D

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I heard this on the radio last night and all I could think of was Mickey and Kramer playing RPS on Seinfeld.:D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Who would go with 3 rocks in a row?
If you think about it, it makes sense (at least in my mind it does :D)

For example sake, let's say I'm playing you and I threw out 2 rocks...

After the 2nd rock I throw, you are going to think that there's no way that I'll throw rock again, so my next choice will either be paper or scissors.

So you're obvious (or safest) choice would be to throw scissors because based on your deduction that I won't throw a rock, if I throw scissors, we tie, but if I choose paper, you win.

So what I do is throw you for a loop and choose rock (again) - crushing your scissors.

It's the old "He'll NEVER do that again!" trick.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

Thanks for explaining the strategy behind Rock, Paper, Scissors. Makes NFL coaching or world championship backgammon look like a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks