What's new

The Wizard On DVD (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I just wanted to know if there is any plans to release The Wizard on DVD?. I still remember the
Super Mario Brothers 3 championship in this movie.

-Mike

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
What a great movie....although basically a 90-minute commercial. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I probably giggled with delight when I heard:

"SUPER....MARIO....BROTHERS....3!"

And of course, the best/worst line?

"I love the power glove, it's so bad!" :rolleyes::laugh:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
"New game? You didn't say there would be a new game!!!!!!!!!!"

Can't wait... someday...

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Heyyy, isn't this the one where the girl yelled "HE'S TOUCHING MY BREASTS!" in the arcade where the kid was practicing for the tournament? I remember enjoying it if it was.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I love the scene where Christian Slater hooked up his Nintendo to the TV in his motel room and started playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then the next morning he wakes up and his father (Beau Bridges) is playing it with as much excitement as a little kid. Riiiiight. :)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
You got me all excited with the title to the thread. At first I was thinking "No this person can't be talking about the Super Mario Bros. 3 movie. I thought I was the only one that really wanted this on DVD."

The fact that others here want this film on DVD as badly as me gives me hope that someday we will be seeing it. And on that day it better be in OAR!

-Eric

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
my dad played video games with as much excitment as a little kid back in the 80s (when I was a little kid) and he still does today.

But The Wizard is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Califonia!

I had the movie poster for this hanging in my room for far too many years. The best part(s) really are how everyone is amazed that he can get past the first few levels.

Tim RH

Second Unit
I absolutely LOVED "The Wizard" when I was a kid. Sad, I know, but true! :D
Fred Savage was the king of children's stars to me in the 80's/early 90's.

I probably would buy this movie on DVD, even though I realize now just how bad it really was.

Ahh...now I gotta go pull out my old NES system and play a little SMB3. :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Watching those clips on that site was great. I haven't seen this movie in over a decade, I bet, but I still remember much of it (like when the kids stow away in the Hostess truck and emerge with chocolate all over their faces... and then that stuff wasdelivered to stores, ew). And everyone remembers the line about the Power Glove.

What a bad movie. I want it!

"He knows Ninja Gaiden!!!"

"You got 50,000 on Double Dragon???"

"You touched her breast, huh?"

"Hey, it's the wizard! I hope you don't get nervous like last time. We wouldn't want you to... "wiz" on someone!"

"I don't believe this. I got the scroll weapon, and I almost beat Mecha-Turtle at the end of level three!"

"Yeah, well, uh, just keep your Power Gloves off her, pal, huh?"

Arnold Y

Grip
"I love the Power Glove. It's so bad." :D

Anyone who knows about the German DVD knows that the original soundtrack (with all the 80's tunes and stuff) was replaced, and was renamed "Joy Stick Heroes." It was also full screen.

So my guess is that music rights is a definite hurdle on the release. And considering all the advertisement in the movie, it may be difficult to get permission from all the companies that featured their products in it.

It's been 15 years since the release of the movie. Maybe we can hope for a 20th anniversary edition?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks