What's new

The Wire: Season Five (see post #1 re: SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Give me more Clay Davis. That's all I have to say, You have to wonder where a lot of these actors will go after the series is over.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Yeah, I saw that commercial. I kept expecting him to bust out with, "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiii t".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah we need one more of that "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit" before serie's end. Please.

--
H

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
Who actually thinks that Clay is going to be convicted?

I'm torn. I really hope is goes to prison, but i could see him getting off for some reason. Seems like that's what happens in the real world.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
No spoilers here, but I just finished watching the 4th episode on in demand. This is the first time I can ever remember jumping up and yelling at the tv during a show... this show is killing me (in a good way).

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ep4:

Damn -- that was cold! :eek: It's amazing how the entire episode (and even the one before) is put into a whole new perspective.

--
H

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I used to think that Vern Schillinger on Oz was TV's most evil character. But Marlo in the past two seasons has gone beyond. He makes the Sopranos look like characters on Charles In Charge.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...I'm a little slow. Why did Marlo have to take out Prop Joe? What exactly did Cheese "give up"? Was this about the card game from last season?

And while we're on the topic of me being slow...I don't understand all this money gifting with the Russians. What is Marlo expecting in return?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
As I understand it Marlo is going to take over as the exclusive supplier. The Russians had been getting their supply from Prop Joe, but Marlo is now going to be the source of their product and I think he was giving them the money as a good faith gesture. That's the way I understood the whole situation.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

it's the other way around. The smack was being supplied to Prop Joe from The Greek. Marlo made his own connection with the Greek so he wouldn't have to deal with the Co-Op and Prop Joe.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Marlo is like a fucking cancer that won't stop growing and eats everything in it's path. Prop Joe's offing was the masterstroke, the culmination of a carefully engineered plan to become the King of the Hill. He systematically learned everything there was to learn from PJ, then cleanly removed him. I cannot believe the shrewd PJ didn't see that coming (not that I did or anything, I am just sayin'...)

One of my favorite scenes is with The Greek, the old man. Looking back, it's now pretty obvious that they understood that Prop Joe was done, and the Marlo would be their new customer. They would have preferred the reliable PJ remained of course, but it's not like they had a choice. You got to move the product somehow, and just have to roll with change of management on the streets.

Pretty amazing really. I am having a hard time thinking of a more ruthless character in any show. Barksdale & Stringer Bell we're even in the same league.

--
H

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Holy crap is Marlo ruthless. And Cheese is a fucking coward. Take out a guy taped to a chair and sell out Joe without having to face him. I hope he dies a coward's death. But on the Wire where being evil rewards you and having morals or a street code gets you dead, he'll probably end up in charge of everything.

Marlo's actions are the result of Major Crimes pulling the plug on Marlo. Why should Marlo stop killing? He hid his bodies for years, and even when they were discovered and the cops knew who put them there, they still can't touch him. He's riding a wave of power.

Omar hasn't killed yet, but there's no doubt he was ready to break his promise to Bunk when he had Slim Charles in his sights. Slim Charles is now without a sponsor. Wonder who he'll ally with? He and Cheese don't get along. He doesn't like Marlo and he has nowhere near the soldiers that Marlo does. He could join up with Omar for the short term as they have similar interests, but he's a dealer and Omar won't work long with a dealer. Bring back Brother Muzzone or another hitter? Damn, this show is good (except for the serial killer thread. I still don't like how that is going.)

On the political side, Norese is one cold bitch.

Carver is a stand up guy with saying he's going to rat his own guy because that's the point of making a difference and doing the right thing. Can't bode well for him.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Marlo knows it too. That casual exchange with Herc in the lawyer's office was a masterstroke.

"Ever find that camera?"
"Cost me the job."

So much meaning in so few words.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks