What's new

THE WIRE season 3 (ongoing thread) (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
do you all think brianna knows something is up with string and avon? the way she looked at string when she left the room was chilling.

something is definitely up with the foreshadowing presented when string told davis that he gave him money for his campaign. is this going to be part of the focus needed to get the feds on the case?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I think Brianna has basically put it all together. Now, what will she do about it?

I think that Davis is going to get a taste of how things work on the street. I think Stringer is going to flex some of his muscle.

I wonder what Avon is going to do. He seems to be somewhat cowed by Stringer and pressure is going to come down from their consortium to end the Marlo war for the corners.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I am very interested in how the Davis storyline plays out. It reminds me of the Vatican Bank plot in Godfather III (try to go legit and all you find is a different breed of crook). Even the toughest gangster is vulnerable when he reaches for legitimacy.

A lot of gangster movies have covered similar conflicts. It's always the "street" guy who loses (Godfather II, Once Upon a Time in America).

M.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
True. However, in real life, it can be the other way around: Gotti, Capone, Accardo, etc.

Great episode tonight. I'm not sure why Mouzone is hunting up Omar. I think there will be a twist in there with the way it plays out.

That fleeting shot of Rawls in the gay bar was priceless. It was also great to see Freamon out on the street.

It looks like there's going to be alot of action in these last two episodes. This season has a different feel than the last two in that the earlier seasons had a clear conclusion to the cases at hand whereas with this one, it seems that the real progress is only beginning.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
whew this was a good episode. i lost some of the dialogue with freamon selling the phones. dang. i have to watch again tomorrow night. i think brother is not after omar per se. i think he wants to know who sent him. for some reason it seems the writers are trying to give us hints about kima and mcnutty. in season 1 was it revealed that rhonda had something with phelan? i remember something to that effect but it doesnt seem like daniels is too happy about the showing of the legs.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Phelan's always had a crush on Rhonda. I remember in season one, she was getting the same extra treatment when she was in his office with McNulty.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Mouzone had come to Baltimore to find and kill Omar last season, but that was interrupted when someone shot Mouzone. Mouzone had been contracted by Stringer. Last night Mouzone said he had come back to finish the job he started hefore.

With only two episodes left this season, there is going to be a lot left open for a fourth season.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

In the hospital, Mouzone told Stringer that he deems all business with Barksdale to be concluded. The "job" he's returned to Baltimore to finish is revenge. But like Todd T., I doubt that Mouzone is searching for Omar to kill him. Mouzone knows he was set up ("You got some bad information!"). Now he wants to know who set him up.

With Brother Mouzone, Brianna and Prop Joe all bearing down on him, no wonder Stringer's pacing and smoking. :D

But the best exchange of last night's episode still has to be after Bunny Colvin has come clean with the brass and they've retreated to a private room. Rawls acknowledging that Bunny's plan was a "brilliant" way to achieve just what Rawls had been demanding -- "Too bad it's gonna end our careers!" -- was priceless.

M.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
the ongoing debate with wireheads is about rawls in the gay club. is rawls really gay or was that just a little tease from the writers to us wireheads? give us something to chuckle about?

also, how long does it take to smoke a ciggy and want another one? i counted about ten cigs by omar's feet. trying to figure how long he was waiting outside the funeral parlor.

is there chemistry between kima and mcnutty or what?

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
also, what was the dialogue with freamon when he went undercover? i completely missed that. hopefully i can stay up long enough to catch the replay tonight. trying to fill in all the gaps.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Freamon is trying to get an in as the source for burners [which will have the taps set up before he provides them]. He tried to convince them of his bona fides as a hustler by demonstrating how he had run a scam at airports where was able to spy on people's dialing patterns without being detected. He the kid who purchased the phones dial a random number while he had his back to him, then recited the number he had just dialed back to him.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
aight, i definitely have to see it again. what was the purpose of him reciting the number back to him? did someone feed freamon the info from afar or something?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
it was to prove to the kid that he really was a hustler. if he couldn't do it, then the kid would suspect him of not being who he claimed he was, namely, that instead he was an undercover cop. freamon faked a conversation like he was on a phone while the kid dialed next to him, similar to how the operation would work at a bank of phones in the airport. the hustler would hang at the phones pretending to be talking to someone, but really would be stealing numbers.

it's been pretty well established that omar scopes out his situations very well before he makes his move. i wouldn't be surprised that he had been waiting there for hours to catch a glimpse of stringer.

rawls in the gay bar was a riot. i about did a double-take. and he seemed pretty into the conversation with whoever he was sitting with. but you gotta know that this seemingly random event will hold future repercussions somewhere down the road. the key to getting prez off the hook?

i think the last episode has stringer feeling pretty good about having gotten rid of avon(he pulled a tony soprano and ratted him out on a parole violation) when up pops brother mouzone. i don't know where they go from there, as daniels has already told mcnulty he's as good as finished with the crime unit.

little subtle interaction there when daniels says to mcnulty, "everyone who gets in your way is a piece of shit", with the camera switching from daniels to mcnulty to rhonda. meaning daniels now blocking mcnulty's access there. and mcnulty, "point taken".

Bryan S

Agent
My favorite line from the last episode was when they found out that Stringer had called the Western District and someone says "Maybe he's turning himself in." McNulty responds,"He'd better not!I'd never forgive him!"

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Something tells me Mouzone and Omar might team up in some fashion. When Mouzone asked if Omar was working for Barksdale, there was clearly a current of hatred in his voice as he spoke the Barksdale name. And Omar can no longer live with the Barksdales at any level after the incident with his grandmother, breaking the Sunday peace. If those two talk first instead of shoot first, which the previews seem to indicate, that could really leave the B&B franchise in trouble.

James St

Supporting Actor
Colvin's lecture to Carver reminded me of the scene where Kima told Herc and Carver that Police were only as good as their informants. Carver replied that busting heads was all that was needed. Now he has to learn the hard way.

The compstat meeting was my favorite scene. Watching their reactions during and after the meeting was priceless. The mayor sounded very interested in the 14% drop as well. It will be interesting to see how they handle this mess.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
The way Colvin handled everything was brilliant.

Herc and Carver still haven't figured it out. Carver might - it sounded like Colvin's words got through to him. I'm not sure Herc ever will.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Omar and Brother Mouzone sizing each other up as the show begins. Awesome. Sorry, couldn't wait! :D

EDIT: Holy crap on a crap cracker crap. Unbelievable episode. I did not see Stringer happening, not the way it went down - just as everything is coming together.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
whew!!! that was a powerful episode. i have to see it again to believe it. omg! from the minute it came on til the end of the previews.

who was kima kissing in the preview? it wasnt cheryl. looked like a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks