What's new

"The Whistler," "The Falcon," "The Saint" from the '40s -- when on DVD? (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
For those who may be interested in seeing some of these, Turner Classic Movies will be airing the Whistler movies on Monday, October 5, and the Falcon movies on Friday, November 20.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
With Sony's new policy, the chances for a "Whistler" set are hopefully not that bad.

orsonN

Auditioning
Real Name
thomi wroblewski
hello

was the quality of that ''falcon '' set good?

if so is it still available???

i would be very interested to acquire.

regards

london uk

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Amazon.co.uk started selling stand-alone releases of The Falcon and The Saint, recently , from Odeon Entertainment. So far, Odeon has released: The Falcon Takes Over, The Falcon's Brother,and The Saint's Double Trouble.

Real Name
Kevin
The quality of the Falcon set was good. Not as good as if they had used 35mm. master negatives, but still good if a bit grainy. It definitely is NOT a bootleg. I don't know if it is still available. It only had 9 of the 13 Sanders/Conway films, the first 9 in the series. I see a third one of the Falcon films is also available from amazon.co.uk in addition to the two mentioned above; "The Falcon In San Francisco" and there is a 4th one listed as becoming available in Sept. of 2011, "The Falcon Out West". How odd that they wouldn't release them in order or as a box set of all 13 films. The titles just seem to be coming out in random order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks