What's new

The Weird Al Show!!! (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Aaron! Great news. My youngest brother and I will probably BOTH be getting this one. Any idea of WHEN it will be released?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I posted the entire news item -- your guess is as good as mine. Shout! Factory might have a more specific date in mind on their website though.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
August 15. BTW, weirdal.com doesn't like to have its images direct-linked so you might want to edit that.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Great that this set is coming out. They must have worked hard on the music rights, there are so many guest artists on this show, unless they edited those out, which is all right with me, the rest is pure gold. Now I can retire those old VHS tape copies.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
anyone get this set. I've watched the first three episodes.
having never seen this before, I think it's pretty darn funny.

My favorite moments are with Mr. Huggins, with the two puppets. Dam I laugh hard at that.

Also Episode 1, is UNCUT.
In the commentary Weird Al says, he shot two versions of him saying "Bare Naked Ladies" when he introduced them on the show.
Once was BNL and the other version was Bare Naked Ladies.

Shout! used the Bare Naked Ladies version.

commentaries are pretty funny too

Kelly W

Second Unit
Hello everyone,

I was planning to pick this up, but I just read on the Weird Al newsgroup this bit of info:

Is everyone having this problem? I'd like to confirm that everything is in working order before plunking down my $$$.

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The audio cuts during the Radish performance were there in the original broadcast (the lyrics were deemed inappropriate for a Saturday morning show).

I haven't watched this particular episode yet, but unfortunately, there do appear to be some audio problems besides the Radish song in some sets, so really, I guess it depends on the disc.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm having the same problems during the radish segment and Fred Willard's award presentation.

AND when you play the commentary the audio runs out of sync.

I have e-mailed Shout!

Kelly W

Second Unit
Can you elaborate on this? Are you just referring to people I quoted in my post, or have you heard of other audio issues?

I went ahead and bought the set today thinking that I could get any potentially faulty discs replaced. I haven't opened it yet though...

-Kelly

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've heard a couple of the complaints mentioned in your post from multiple people but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

I've seen complaints that the episode audio is out of sync while watching it with commentary though.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to make sure this gets seen.

here is what Shout! Factory sent me today by e-mail.

Hello,

There was a production error with the first batch of sets that were
released. If you would like to send your mailing address to
[email protected] I will be happy to send you a replacement disc
as soon as they arrive.

Kind regards,

Shout! factory

Kelly W

Second Unit
I've also sent them my address. I hope this person doesn't suddenly get bombarded with unexpected emails! :)

-Kelly

Kelly W

Second Unit
I haven't received any confirmation from the email I sent to the above address. Have you guys heard anything from ShoutFactory at all?

Thanks!

-Kelly

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Yesterday in the mail I received a replacement disc 3. I did not get any information confirming it was coming so it was a pleasant surprise. It has been about two weeks since I emailed them about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks