What's new

The Wayward Cloud (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So my GF and I were watching a movie tonight and decided to check out the promo/trailers on the disc...Anyway, we like "the odd"...and have an affinity for movies via this particular movie house(probably have 40+ of their titles). I already bought it...but just wanting a slight clue as to what to expect...Amazon reviews(all 7) range from "what was that?" to "great art film".

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
It's one of my top 100 films, but I recommend seeing WHAT TIME IS IT THERE first. WAYWARD CLOUD is a follow-up to that one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Watched a bit of WTIIT last night (she and I were a tad drunk and distracted...)

What was up with peeing in a bag and, later, a bottle...??? (I made it to where he was smacking around the unbreakable watches at his "booth". Speaking of which, one of the reasons I like Korean cinema...they haven't quite gotten to the point where "people walking around" don't stare at the camera. Makes it quaint. Shows me what it must have been like shooting

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
WTIIT was a quirky little movie, just my speed. I didn't realize I was further along the first time I watched. I was already to her being in Paris checking out the "upstairs".

TWC is up this weekend.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
You may also want to check out the short "The Skywalk is Gone". It's not required viewing, but it does bridge the two films. It's available as a bonus feature on the Goodbye Dragon Inn DVD.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I did watch TWC last night. What the hell was that?

Great visual experience and the music was great and odd all in one. Also I figured out this was Taiwanese...not Korean. Will probably pick up a few more of the director, L'Amour(or something like that) being one of them.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
VIVE L'AMOUR. It's a good one (well, I think they're all good ones, I'm a huge fan) and the only one I know of that has been released on Blu-Ray so far (Taiwan import).

My only advice would be stay from VISAGE until you've seen his other work. It's in my top 100 of all-time, but it's very much a film that will only appeal to fans.

My favorite, FWIW, is THE HOLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks